1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Music Man USA SUB 4 active black on black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PluckyThump, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PluckyThump

PluckyThump

Jan 4, 2008
    The Hammer
    Stingray sound on the cheap! Made in 2004 at the SLO plant, slab body, textured matte finish, optional flat black pickguard, 2-band Stingray preamp. I am the second owner. I like the look, sort of a stealth with chrome. It shows use but has been taken care of and is clean and ready to play. Typical light scratches on the headstock, light rust spots on the hardware, a few minor nicks here and there, I photographed the worst which is a surface scuff on the bottom edge near the output jack. Weight is 10lbs according to the bathroom scale. The rosewood board on this one has nice straight grain. This particular bass sounds best with flats imo, it has Slinky rounds on it now but I will include a set of Ernie Ball Group III flats which were previously installed on this bass. Nice sounding bass, clear and punchy. Slightly thinner neck profile than recent Stingrays I have sampled. I'm only selling it because my forearm keeps telling me I need a bass with body contours!

$500 plus shipping from Hamilton, ON, Canada. Price is firm; these sell for that and more on Ebay whenever they pop up there but I would rather deal with TBer's. Comes with a generic gig bag. I will ship Canada Post with insurance to Canada or USA. Paypal. Buyer must have a Paypal confirmed address or good TB feedback.

I will consider trading up for a vintage G&L if someone wants to take this one plus cash.

Click the photos for larger size:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The oval sticker is from the store where the bass was originally sold.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dostradamas

Dostradamas

Jun 7, 2011
    Great bass!
    Give th SUB some love!

3. PluckyThump

PluckyThump

Jan 4, 2008
    The Hammer
    Thanks man!

4. Vobidy One

Vobidy One

Jun 5, 2012
    Ireland
    Gorgeous, would consider if I wasn't in Ireland, shipping would be mad.

5. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    willing to bet that is one of my old SUBs!! From Mountain Music on Mohawk in Hamilton?

Darn good basses imho!! Good luck on sale bump

6. PluckyThump

PluckyThump

Jan 4, 2008
    The Hammer
    Yep that's where I got it. I played it back-to-back with a new Stingray and I thought the SUB sounded better!

7. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    Pmd

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Nice looking bass. GLWTS!

9. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for some black beauty sub love. I own and have owned so many of these. I love the stealth look. Alas I decided to purge my many bass duplicates for my new years resolution and am still working on it into July...

10. PluckyThump

PluckyThump

Jan 4, 2008
    The Hammer
    Belize_Speed_Bump_Sign.jpg

11. drea2304

drea2304

Feb 13, 2012
    Central IL
    Thats funny! Nice bass.

12. PluckyThump

PluckyThump