1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT MusicMan Bongo 5 String - Desert Gold

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jbutler1982, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jbutler1982

jbutler1982

Jul 15, 2007
    Hi,

I am offering for sale a 5 string Bongo in Desert Gold w/an oversized roadrunner gig bag that fits the bass. It has several dings evident from three years of studio and road use, as it was my main bass over that time:

1. The strap buttons are mismatched. One is 1/2 a dunlop strap lock. One is a screw with a washer sized to my strap.

2. The volume knob for the neck pickup is slightly bent. It doesn't effect use in the slightest and is barely noticeable, but there.

3. There is a small chip at the very, very top of the headstock.

4. There are three scratches on the curve that sits against your body if you are holding the bass. They are in the shape of a crescent from a guitar tuner hitting the bass while on a bus. They are barely noticeable, but there. My efforts at capturing them on film failed.

It is the 5 string HH model with the on-board EQ, same bass as here:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...ring-Bass-with-2-Humbucker-Pickups?sku=515629

Please feel free to ask any questions about the bass.

Now, for trades. I am set on basses. I am interested in bass heads or live sound gear (<- especially lightweight amplifiers or an RMX 1850).

If you want a cash sale, the price is $850 shipped to continental U.S. via paypal. If you are in the New Orleans area, you can pick it up for $800 cash.

Best,

John
    jbutler3@tulane.edu

2. jbutler1982

jbutler1982

Jul 15, 2007
    Some pictures of the Bongo... I can send more to your email if you PM.

Attached Files:

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I hate to be the bearer of this news, but I believe your Baby over three years has been referred to by the wrong color: that's "Desert Gold" and not "Lava Burst". You can see on the MusicMan Color Chart where they are next to each other, or you can see real examples on Bass Central's site where halfway down the Bongo page there's a Desert Gold Bongo 5 HH / Piezo and below that a Bongo 5 HH Lava Burst.

Umm... sorry? Go Green Wave?!? :help: (Tulane was my "dream school" back in my college days :D )

4. jbutler1982

jbutler1982

Jul 15, 2007
    Edited. Thanks. Roll Wave!

5. I've got the exact same bass, sounds wonderful and looks wonderful.

6. I might have an interest in this bass if i can scrape together enough funds (Just bought a new sax, so i might be a bit short).

Also, I live in Australia, so I don't know if ya realy want the trouble of shiping o/s?

7. jbutler1982

jbutler1982

Jul 15, 2007
    Bump for cleaned up original post and reduced price. $850 shipped.

I have no idea what it takes to ship overseas. Send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

8. jbutler1982

jbutler1982

Jul 15, 2007
    On hold pending payment.

9. jbutler1982

jbutler1982

Jul 15, 2007
    Sold