1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: New USA Fender Deluxe Jazz V --Lots of pictures!--

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fightthepower, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    For Sale or Trade: $1050 + shipping conus (no international). Looking for passive 5 string Jazz style basses under $2k

This bass is a new warranty replacement for a 2008 USA Deluxe Fender Jazz V that I picked up today, but it has a bit of a story so bare with me and have a read!

Specs:

*2009 USA Fender Deluxe Jazz V with Alder body, bridge, electronics, pick-ups(SCN's), etc; sealed case candy that has a hole poked through it by the shop because they needed to use truss tool- includes Fender cable, Truss rod tool, strap locks, manual and stickers, black leather strap, all new and untouched. The case is the original case that came with the bass back on May 30th 2008 and is in very good condition with only a few light scratches, having spent 90% of the last 9 months sitting untouched. The electronics are perfectly quiet and the bass sounds and feels great. New-old-stock 2005 Pau Ferro Neck with mother of peal inlays, string tree's, and ultralight tuners.

Condition:

*Original purchase receipt from Guitar Center dated May 30th 2008 and instrument replacement receipt from Top Gear Guitars dated April 8th 2009 will be included. The bass is still under warranty for another month and a half.

The body and electronics are brand new and in nearly perfect condition. There is a 1mm crack in the finish where the neck plate is screwed in on the back at the 5th/top screw- it was hard to even get a picture of it. The pick guard is scratched where the adjustment tool fits in from the shop setting the bass up. The bass is otherwise in great condition with the new factory strings and played for only a few minutes when I got home with it today. These are both pictured close up at the bottom of the page.

The neck is almost flawless with under 10 hours of play time, no fret wear or marks on the fretboard- There are marks directly above the nut where the freboard meets the headstock, between the nut and string trees and are about 1mm or less each. The first bass had the same marks, and I believe are unavoidable with the string trees.

Story about why this 'new 2008 bass' has a new 2009 body and NOS 2005 neck:

I purchased the bass new May 30th, 2008. Shortly after I had it set up and it wouldn't stay straight for more than a month. They determined that the neck was faulty and after 2 months I was told that it would be 3 more months for a new neck to be cut for me since there were no more in stock. That was unacceptable to me and after dealing directly with customer service, I opted to take a NOS 2005 Dlx USA Jazz V neck as a replacement- It has the same woods, decals and string trees, with the only difference being a 'DZ5' serial number instead of a 'DZ9'.

When I finally got the bass back a couple months ago, it had an electronics buzz... Long story short, they offered to send me a replacement bass and I accepted (I originally didn't want one because I liked the wood grain of the body and the new pau ferro neck that was a nice lighter color than others I had seen). The bass arrived last week and the shop told me that Fender offered to let me keep the new neck the originally sent me months back. I went and checked them both out at the shop and decided to keep the '05 neck which is lighter in color and closer to the color of the body.

In the last 6 or so months I got into effects and am now playing synth bass with two large pedalboards. Passive electronics are in general more agreeable with certain effects than active electronics are, so I would like to replace this Deluxe Active 5er with a passive Jazz style bass. I figure now is the time while the bass is basically brand new. Now without further ado, the pictures:

SaleFender6.
    SaleFender4.
    SaleFender3.
    SaleFender2.
    SaleFender5.
    SaleFenderCaseCandy.
    SaleFenderDamage.
    SaleFenderDamage2.
    SaleFender10.

Trade preferences:

*No Fenders
    *Passive Jazz style
    *at least 22 frets
    *Natural finish
    *33"-34" scale
    *Thin neck and tight string spacing preferred

I'm looking for a 5 string passive Jazz style bass and trades can be +/- cash, but Im mainly looking for a bass of equal value or a trade up- I'm not interested in any Fender's. I would really like one with a pau ferro board and similar looks to the one I have now but I don't see many, so I'm open to other ideas. I've never been a fan of maple boards, but the right combination might just sway me (black&maple is a definite no-go). No 35" scale- too big for me, and Warwicks and similar basses with big fat necks are no good either. Anyway, run whatever by me, the worst I can say is no. Thanks for looking!:bassist:

**Serial numbers and shop phone numbers available upon request. If you would like to research the bass before buying and feel the need to call the shop or Fender or anything like that, feel free to PM me for info** :cool:

2. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Bump!

3. bob204955

bob204955

Nov 26, 2008
    my brother has one just like this.. it sounds amazing! this is a great price. you cant get it better then this. its usually 1600!

4. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Indeed it is! Sent from Fender to Top Gear Guitars in San Diego, professionally set up by the shop, and picked up by me 2 days ago. This really is a chance to get a like-new Deluxe Fender Jazz at a significant discount. It is also still under warranty until May 30th, though I can assure you that it is tip-top working condition, dead quiet operation, and new factory installed strings that have not been broken in.

Bump!

Bump!

5. bob204955

bob204955

Nov 26, 2008
    i would so go for it!

6. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Bump!

New pictures taken in sunlight to show the pristine condition of the bass coming soon :cool:

Here's a picture of the original bass that was purchased last year, and had to be replaced. Note the different wood grain, and darker pau ferro board:
    IMG_0183.

7. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Bump!

8. u're looking only 5 strings passive?

9. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Yeah, 5er's only. I have a 4string Pbass I'm happy with, though only playing it out of necessity for the time being.

Bump!

10. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    PM

11. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    this is probably my number 2 dream bass.

Im trying to get rid of a fender p right now, ill see what i can do for cash.

Joe Kyle

12. bob204955

bob204955

Nov 26, 2008
    and i also love the strap... keeps its scent!

13. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    The strap does have a nice leather scent. Fender sent new case candy and a new strap, so I got to keep my original black leather Fender strap that came with it originally :D

Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.