1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: nice 80s USA Peavey Fury (bad pickup) with lined contour case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by whirledpeas, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    I recently pickup up this nice, clean Fury as a project. Sweet bass ... just needs new split coil pickups.

Blue body / white guard. Straight maple neck / maple fb. She's clean ... just a couple minor dings, no finish cracks, no pickguard cracks!

- 1.5 inch nut
    - light - guessing under 9 lbs, but will verify
    - early 80s I think (will try to verify) ... has black pin stripe around the headstock (the better ones do IMO)
    - truss rod cover intact
    - original V/T speed knobs

I had planned to pop in Fender 62 RI pups (or something similar) and keep this around as my P bass killer. I had an early 80s Fury a couple years ago ... I put 62 RI pups and chromes on her and she thumped, rocked, and sang!!

A lot of you know that these things are amazing P bass specials for the money!!

I'll include a nice lined (brown "fur" still intact) Peavey contour case that fits her like a glove. These cases are indestructible, but that's probably worthy of it's own thread :)

I don't really have the time to fix this bass right now -- and I could use the cash or a head more -- so I thought I'd offer her as-is ... let the buyer install the pickup of his or her choice!

Pics coming ASAP...hopefully tomorrow.

Priced at $195 plus shipping from 98338 for a quick sale. It will go for at least $100 more if I install a new pickup.

Straight sale preferred ... Only trades I might consider would be a quality micro or smallish head (Genz Benz, GK, Markbass, Mesa, Eden, etc) or perhaps a VT Bass (Dlx?), Sadowsky outboard, Tonehammer, or Eden WT pedal ... +/- cash as necessary.

Thanks for looking. PM with questions.

2. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    PM replied. Maybe sold... Perhaps I didn't ask enough!

3. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Pending ... Likely headed to TX.

4. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I have a fury split coil pickup if you want it.

5. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Thanks for the offer! I'll let the new owner know.

6. Is this still on hold?

7. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Yep. Check's in the mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.