Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Nordstrand MM4.2 NIB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by marwady, Nov 2, 2005.

1. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    Hello All,

I have a Nordstrand MM4.2 pickup new in the box (or tube, acutally).

I would really like to trade for an original MM Stingray 5 pickup to put in a Tony Levin OLP.

Selling price would be $110.00 shipped.

Thanks for looking.

2. Sorry, not too familiar with the Nordstrand line, but is that a 5 string pickup? I have a passive OLP 5 string and am looking to "upgrade".

Thanks

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    4 string pickup. 2 coil a la Stingray 4.

4. marwady

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    THX Tplyons, :D

Exactly, I too am looking to upgrade my Tony Levin OLP (5 string) and happen to have this 4 STRING nordie for sale.

I would like to do a trade for a 5 string Stingray stock replacement but I am open to offers.

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Are you sure that pickup swap is going to work? I just checked out the OLP Tony Levin bass and compared it to my SR5:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks like the OLP has the pickup with "ears" and the Stingray has the "soapbar" design.

Since you have a NIB Nordstrand MM4.2, have you considered exchanging it with a MM5.2? Carey makes the MM5.2 with ears specifically for OLP's basses: http://www.nordstrandpickups.com/bass_mod.html

6. marwady

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    Msquared,

Thanks for the info, my TL OLP has not arrived yet and I am trying to be pro-active.

Looks like there is definitely a specific size for this bass.

I probably will take your suggestion and go for the nordie.

7. marwady

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    SOLD!! Nordie has sold locally

8. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Glad I could help!

I like the Nordie MMs a lot. In fact I got one for the above SR5 that I'm getting ready to replace the stock pickup with (so if anyone else is looking for a SR5 pickup...) :D

9. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I have one on the way for my sterling. looking forward to giving it a thorough review.