1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Nordstrand MM4.3 pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Scott in Dallas, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    I have a MM4.3 which I bought from a fellow TBer several years back, and has just been sitting in a box. The project I'd planned to use it for fell through, but now I'm planning on using it with an East MMSR preamp.

From searches, the consensus is that there's no practical way to utilize the dummy coil on the pickup, there are no good wiring diagrams for a 3- or 5-way switch, or that I'd have volume issues trying to use different switching options with an aftermarket preamp. (If someone knows otherwise, feel free to PM me about it).

Someone told me that I could just pry off the dummy coil and use the pickup just like a 4.2. Since Nordstrand doesn't build this particular pickup anymore, I want to offer it up for someone who could get some use out of it before I do that. I'd prefer this actually go to someone who wants it and not someone who will turn it around to make some extra cash.

I'd be okay with a 4.2 plus $20 or a 4.4 plus $10 if the condition is good. Cash price $125.
    2013-02-14151510-Copy_zps12b33e39.
    2013-02-14151519-Copy_zps3a36be74.

2. Scott in Dallas

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Bump.

3. Scott in Dallas

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas