1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Nordy VJ5 Unlined Fretless 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    This is a very nice Nordy VJ5 that's just not getting any playing time.

I picked it up in a recent trade and it had some scratches on the board. I had the board refinished and it's perfect now. There is one ding on the edge of the body underneath where your right arm rests. Other that that it's pretty much perfect. Just some minor playing wear.

The finish is a very cool Surf Green with a matching headstock and the electronics are totally passive. The controls are Volume, Blend and Tone. The mini-toggle is a coil switch for the bridge pickup.

The fingerboard is without a doubt the most beautiful slab of Brazilian Rosewood I have ever seen. Gorgeous rich color with vertical grain running the whole length. They really don't get any nicer than this one IMO.

The scale is 34.5" and the weight is 9.6 lbs. String spacing at the bridge is 19 mm.

This bass has a very beautiful organic fretless tone with lot's of that "mwah" that everyone loves. It's quite responsive with a nice low action and great playability!

Now only $ 1,495.00 [DEL]1,895.00 OBO[/DEL] shipped and insured in the CONUS

This is a total STEAL for a Nordy VJ-5 people!!!!!

It will ship in a nice Ritter gig bag that is also in excellent condition.

Tradewise I'm only interested in fretted or fretless, 4 or 5 stringers with 19 mm spacing.

100_4179.
    100_4184.
    100_4180.
    100_4185.
    100_4212.
    100_4211.
    100_4200.
    100_4203.
    100_4194.
    100_4193.
    100_4190.
    100_4192.
    100_4188.
    100_4208.
    100_4198.
    100_4207.
    100_4197.
    100_4178.

2. me want......me broke!

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Bump for a gentleman and a killer bass!

I had this for a while... The tone is as described above, that perfect fretless thang! I traded it only because I'm a stone cold 34" scale guy...

Gorgeous to look at and play!!!

4. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    hmmmm.... :confused:

5. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    That would be great to see the necks reunited with the body!!!

6. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Darn it Spencer!.. And all my money is going toward the rest of the Nordy that the Neck will be attached too...DANG.
    Might let go of another few basses I have though...we'll see. Being that you usually sell your basses in like minutes everytime they post, I don't expect this one to last long either.. :D

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Gahhh... That is my dream bass right there! Sadly, I can't back that up with $$$. What a beauty though.

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I have to agree with you on that! Wow.. what a great looking board.

Bump for a great bass by a guy that has too many fretless basses or this would be his!

9. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Lower Price Bump!

Well I'm amazed that this is still here but I'm going to make it even easier for any of you who may be interested.

GAS has struck and I really need to convert this beauty into some cash while the bass I'm looking at is still available.

So for a limited time I'm offering this wonderful fretless 5 for only $1,495.00 shipped.

I'd love to find this beauty a new home soon. :cool:

10. Flatty Banks

Flatty Banks Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    California
    My offer still stands. :)

11. Flipper

Flipper sale: Sadowsky NYC PJ5

Jan 11, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    PM'd

12. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire
    wow i love that color. o.o

13. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Another Super Spencer Deal! For some reason I had it in my head that this was a 4 banger. For a handmade VJ5 this is an incredible price. Just look closely at the nut in the photo up there, that is the kind of attention to detail Carey has. Every little thing you touch feels right. Wow.

14. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Thanks for the "review" Tom! I totally agree, this is a very nice instrument for a really low price. I guess there just aren't that many unlined fretless players amongst us........... :rollno:

15. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I used to own this bass.
    I played it at the NAMM show in 2008 and decided that I had to have it. I called up Carey the following week and luckily it was still available. It's one of those instruments that just resonates in your hands.
    Unfortunately, I had a credit card but no funds to back it up. I held onto it for as long as I could.

16. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    This bass has now officially found a new home and it will be heading to New England shortly.

I want to thank everyone who commented and expressed interest in this beautiful bass. I regret that I couldn't do "all" the nice trade deals that were offered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.