1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Olympic White/Tort P-Bass - Warmoth Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Double E, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    Re-Post! A very nice parts P-Bass...re-posted to emphasize trade-ability.

The neck is a Warmoth Birds Eye Maple/Rosewood, steel reinforced, with satin poly finish and a traditional Fender style headstock with no decal. P-Bass nut width - 1 11/16". The frets are in great condition, no noticeable wear, high frets or other issues...just one sweet playin' P neck!

The body, bridge, neckplate and tuners are from a Squier VM. The body wood on the Vintage Modified series Squier is Agathis I believe...feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The pickguard is an aftermarket (WD?) three ply, B/W/Tort.

This baby features a Bill Lawrence P-46 pickup (which is simply awesome!) and CTS pots with orange drop cap.

Currently strung with TI Jazz Flats with medium low action (could go lower).

Overall it is in very presentable condition with a few minor dings and typical player wear. The weight is 9.8 lbs...it balances very well on a strap.

The pickguard was not cut cleanly around the 21st fret overhang of the fretboard. The original black pickguard comes with it...which is cut a little cleaner around the neck. I know, I know...you're not supposed to have to cut the guard, it typically slips under the fretboard overhang but the Squier VM body must have a slightly deeper neck pocket than standard Fender spec. I also must disclaim that the screw holes for the two guards did not align so there is additional holes under the guard.

Asking $300 shipped CONUS with gigbag.

Trades...run 'em by me, maybe I'll bite. Just about any style 4 string bass will be entertained, as will 2x10 cabs or a nice envelope filter or bass synth effect. Heck even a six string acoustic, semi-hollow or solid body electric.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Double E

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    Here is a sound clip of the bass...recorded direct into my digital handheld recorder no processing or effects. Sorry for the sloppiness!

Special bonus...the first person to post the name of the song I am playing wins a cool Doug Johns sticker just like the one shown here on my netbook!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Double E

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    Bump

4. TC424

TC424

Jun 24, 2010
    Holtwood, PA
    SRV's Riviera Paradise.

Oh Yeah Nice bass and sounds good.

5. Double E

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    You got it TC424!

6. Double E

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    bump

7. dsanders

dsanders

Jan 22, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    "I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass, I don't need a new bass"

Free bump for an awesome profile gas list!

8. Double E

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    What I need is an Aquilar S210 cabinet...won't someone please trade me one for this bass?

9. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Groovy bass playing on that clip. Groovy bass overall :D

10. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    Pm sent

11. Double E

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    Possible deal in the works...if this falls through I am keeping the bass. I am already suffering seller's remorse and I haven't even sold it yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.