1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS(/FT?): OohLaLa (Devi licence) Torn's Peaker & Barge VBjr

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Nyarlathotep, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    1st up, the VBjr by barge concepts: SOLD

http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vbjr.html <--- info from the horses mouth. This is just the basic model, no phase or exp mods. Its been outdone/outmoded by the fact that the TLSF has a blend setup built in. I used to use this with the Torn's Peaker to create a passable "south central LA Cadillac excurting sub" tone.

Im asking for a pretty firm 80$US shipped anywhere in Canada or the Contenental US, but I will entertain trades (see below for trades I'll kill for)

VBjr001_resized.

VBjr002_resized.

2nd up is the OohLaLa Torn's Peaker. Basically its a licensed clone of the original Devi Ever/Effector13 model, complete with rotary texture (the new Devi's have a switch) and a "mode" switch.

I like the rotary texture because there are some interesting fuzz tones in the middle. The mode switch changes the sound based on the texture position: lowest = glitchy artifacts in the trailing off of notes; highest = gated type fuzz; middle = background sine wave kindof deal.

http://www.oohlalamanufacturing.com/torns.html <--- More info from horses mouth. The number on the silver square is 013

The reason Im looking to sell this is simply because I like the higher set fuzz of the TLSF, and the way it interacts with my rig, better than the sub excurting thing I had going with the Peaker.

Im starting this one at $175US shipped anywhere in Canada and the ConUS, but shoot me an offer. Again, trades will be entertained (some I will kill for ;))

TornsPeaker001_resized.

TornsPeaker002_resized.

Trades I will KILL for:

- Boss RV-5. Had one, loved gate mode, want gate mode
    - MusicElectronix Submarine. Im gonna get the Designer Edition when it comes out, but I kindof want one of the old ones now anyways.

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Daily bumpage. Hopefully no more of my setup will end up here :(

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    A small bump, from your friendly neighborhood bump-man :D

4. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
    pm'd for the VBjr

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    PM replied

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    VBjr on hold pending payment.

Now I just need someone to buy (or trade an RV-5 or Submarine for ;)) my Torn's Peaker :D

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    VBjr SOLD

Closing this until I decide what to do with the Peaker. Im having somewhat of a "fuzz event" ATM. This will prolly replace one of my other pedals, which I will then sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.