1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT Original POG and Shape Shifter Tremolo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Sojourner, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Got a couple pedals I'm getting rid of to make some room on the pedalboard. Downsizing the gear I use, so these are on the block.

EHX POG. The original chrome one. Works great. Very minor scuffs that will probably buff out if I weren't too lazy to bother. Velcro is hot-glued to the back, but can come off fairly easily if you want. Also comes with a generic power supply that I've used to power it and haven't had any issues with (this model does *not* run on batteries). Love the pedal, it's just a bit large for my pedalboard when I only really use one sound out of it (hence my trade options below). Some great sounds can be had out of it. $190 Paypal'd and shipped to the CONUS only

Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter Tremolo. This thing is in mint physical condition. Has an issue with noise in the signal that coincides with the flashing of the tap tempo LED. If you're good with electronics I'm sure you can fix this. Since I'm not and the only guy I know who is always has better work to do, I'm selling it as-is. It works great as a trem and sounds great other than that pulsating noise that goes with the LED flashes. I've included a pic of the interior of the casing to show that it should be pretty easy to work with since it's a roomy shell. No power supply included, but it does run on batteries. $60 Paypal'd and shipped to the CONUS only

Trade options: I'd be interested in a Micro POG, a g*itar wah (no bass wahs), an Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal of some sort. That's about it.

Pics are below...

2. POG pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Shape Shifter Trem pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Bump in the night (afternoon)

5. FX-25B+$ 4 the trem? Thanks/bump

6. Thanks for the offer, but I don't really have any use for it. Had an EHX Bass Balls pedal before and messed around with some other envelope filters and just don't have a use for one in anything I do.

7. Cool enough.

8. Now that I think about it, that trem may not have the noise issue if you use batteries. I never tried. I'll see if I can mess with it later tonight and post that info.

9. Here's what I found about the Shape Shifter with some more in-depth testing...

With the pedal plugged in, the noise seems to vary depending on what setting you have it on. If you turn the rate knob up to 3:1 or 4:1 it's almost gone completely (I didn't demo this, the demo was just to show you what kind of noise it is and how intrusive it is or isn't).

So whatever setting you end up liking the most may not even have a noise issue. With it running on battery power it is completely silent (the noise, that is) when the pedal is engaged and when you turn it off. When you first turn the pedal on the noise appears for a split second and is gone right away. During a gig it probably wouldn't be noticeable...and for a recording you can always punch in and out to avoid it. Likely an easy fix, but as I mentioned, I just don't have the time or knowledge to track it down.

I recorded and attached a quick clip of the noise with my iPhone...so don't expect a pro quality recording, but gives you a basic idea!

Attached Files:

10. betardfoosier

betardfoosier

Feb 13, 2011
    May not even be a problem with the pedal, my Pulsar will make pulse noises if you have it plugged into dirty power

11. No matter where I've used it I've had the noise. And the split second you hear it on battery power it's the exact same noise. I've got a Voodoo Labs ISO5 coming. Maybe it will sound different on that. Kinda doubt it though.

12. Shape Shifter sold to Jose (jhr1948)!

POG was sold via Craigslist to none other than *the*Bob Rock. I have no idea how he found my ad on the Augusta, GA Craigslist, but he did. Made for one very interesting story of a deal! Shipped it to him at Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood where he's working for a couple weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.