1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT P bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubergumby, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubergumby

ubergumby

Nov 11, 2011
    Wisconsin
    ONE DAY FIRE SALE!!!! LOADED BODY ONLY, TO YOUR DOOR FOR $175. FIRM PRICE, FIRM DEADLINE OF MONDAY NOON CENTRAL TIME.

I have a precision bass for sale or trade. I am realizing that I am more of a J bass kinda guy, so here we go.

This is kind of a frankenbass. The body came from a 1999(I believe) MIM Fender standard precision bass, with a standard bridge. There is a nice looking bridge cover on there. White finish. It has a painted black/blue pick guard. I put a Seymour Duncan Q/P pickup in there, and it sounds great. Black strap buttons. The neck is where this bass shines. Custom made Warmoth birdseye maple. Sooooooooooooo smooth to play and even more so on the eyes, this neck is beautiful! Hipshot ultra lite tuners on there, I've had it strung with flats since I've had it, so there is virtually no fret wear.

This bass came together very well. It looks pretty sharp, and sounds great. The QP p/u sounds growly, and the neck plays like a dream. The only flaws that I can find is a minor knick on the corner of the pick guard, and the paint on the strap buttons is wearing off. I don't really want to part this out, as this is my only bass and wanna sell it whole to fund a new one here on TB. I'm lookin to get $500, plus $20 for shipping and I'll cover the rest. I'm open to negotiate on the price, but I do have a bass in mind. As far as trades go, I'm lookin for some kind of PASSIVE J bass, throw me offers. PM me as I do not always check back in the thread.

View attachment 284531
    View attachment 284532

2. ubergumby

ubergumby

Nov 11, 2011
    Wisconsin
  3. ubergumby

ubergumby

Nov 11, 2011
    Wisconsin
  4. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Right on. Beautiful neck. I have a Warmoth Birdseye neck and it's just like you describe. Very, very nice! GLWTS.

5. ubergumby

ubergumby

Nov 11, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I forgot to mention that I have a white thumbrest that I can include. There are holes drilled for it.

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    My old neck! That is the most heavily figured birdseye neck I've seen from Warmoth. Someone will dig this bass!

7. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Free drive by BUMP! Super looking P!

8. ubergumby

ubergumby

Nov 11, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Bump for a new deal

Thread Status: