1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Pavel Hadara Deluxe 5 Buckeye Burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by spectorj, May 11, 2010.

1. spectorj

spectorj Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2005
    West Columbia, S.C.
    I bought this bass about 3 weeks ago from BASSICG here on Talkbass. Easily the best looking and sounding bass I have owned. The scale length is "35 which is a problem for me. I am asking $3000.00 shipped which is what I paid for it. This bass has had a headstock repair but trust me, you cannot tell and I am sure the neck is stronger now than before. The bass will ship with a nice Warwick gig bag.This is indeed one INSANE BASS. Here is the original Post for this bass: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/show...tock repair and the post repair pics. Thanks.

2. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
  3. bassicg

bassicg Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Bump for a BAD AXE!!! Also a great TB'er;)

4. MDFreeze

MDFreeze

Jan 27, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    Such a beautiful bass bump! Great Guy too.

5. spectorj

Jun 12, 2005
    West Columbia, S.C.
    This bass has been traded. Thanks for the interest.

6. ALL4HISGLORY

ALL4HISGLORY

May 25, 2010
    how long did it take you to get the bass? i ordered mine in october of 2006 and still haven't rec'd it yet!

7. crossstick

crossstick

Dec 19, 2009
    WOW, that's rough. 4 years, ouch !!!!!

8. soldoutluck

soldoutluck

May 10, 2010
    for real??? I have been talking with pavel on a possible 5 string aryel, hearing that kinda scares me, but not to bad, I live 40min from his shop so I could check on the bass anytime I felt the need to. He's a great guy, has he explained why it's been this long?

9. crossstick

crossstick

Dec 19, 2009
    That's why i like Brian from lowend. He responds almost immediately to every email i sent while my basses were being built. I swear the man never sleeps.

10. spectorj

Jun 12, 2005
    West Columbia, S.C.
    Trade deal fell through so the bass is back up for trade.

11. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    i really want this one back. this was one of the best basses i've ever played...but alas it had to go in the fire sale to pick up my CT.

12. LowWay

LowWay

Dec 16, 2009
    THis is one of the prettiest basses here on TB.

Here's a free bump as I love looking every time it comes up. I DON'T play 5s, so my bank account is happy not to be tempted.

13. spectorj

Jun 12, 2005
    West Columbia, S.C.
    Saturday bump

14. PavelMI

PavelMI

Apr 24, 2006
    To all who might wonder.

I ALWAYS talk to my customers!!! If I don't pick up the phone I do my best to call back. If not within the day, within the week. Like many out there, I have had serious health and family issues that believe me, I didn't ask for (I won't go into details) but I've had to deal with and yet, I'm still here because I not only have a moral and professional obligation to my wonderful customers but to my wife and 3 precious children as well.

I agree I've taken longer than expected with 1 too many order/s (I'm not the only one on this boat but I only answer for myself) nonetheless, I've NEVER run with ANYONE"S MONEY! I do however, (in those instances) have done what I believe is righteous and have taken the initiative to willingly give those customers complementary upgrades (custom pickups & preamps, custom finishes, exotic tops or more expensive models) as a form of compensation for their wonderful patience.

In other instances I've allowed too much leeway or say with a customer within the normal building parameters of a custom build and in my good efforts to make some happy, those changes have pushed the build beyond initial expectations. With those, a new date has to be agreed upon.

I'm NOT perfect (nor is anyone here for that matter) but I certainly try and work each day towards taking care of those who've entrusted their hard earned dollars with me.

There are always two sides to every story. If someone has a constructive criticism, I'll humbly accept it. It can only help me become a better person and a better servant with the work of my hands.

Humbled,

Pavel de la Fuente-
    www.pavelmi.com

15. ALL4HISGLORY

ALL4HISGLORY

May 25, 2010

during this long wait i can honestly say that communication has been there everytime i call!!!! All these things Pavel is saying are true and has just been setting back my bass and i was curious. I never had a custom bass be4 so i really dont know what time frames are usually. Pavel has told me in the past that every upgrade he can do for my bass he is doing just to honor me and my patience. I know when i receive my bass i will just be blow away and the wait will be worth it!

16. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Awesome bass..I wanted to buy this bass when it was up before. Alas, 35" scale is not my thing either..I keep trying to convince myself otherwise and trying them out, only to sell them a few months later. Bump for a killer bass that is just 1" too long for me. :)

17. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Rodney, you should purchase so I could buy it from you :) I have owned 2 Pavel basses and must say you can't beat the craftmanship of these basses. I have also dealt with Mr.Pavel and only had pleasant dealings with him so I'm gonna serve as a positive reference for him. When I called he either answered or called me back and I got my bass as promised.

18. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    this bass particularly is one of the most versatile i ever played. it really is an amazing instrument.

19. lakin757

lakin757 Banned

May 31, 2010
    FL
    I wish I could have this Pavel AND the MTD. two of the sickest looking basses I have ever seen!

20. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    is this bass still for sale?