Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: Peavey Cirrus BXP 4-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by silky smoove, Jan 20, 2006.

1. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Okay, the Peavey's gotta go, I've once again accumulated too many basses and have no need for this one anymore.

[​IMG]

4-String
    35" Scale, 24 fret
    Active Peavey VLF Pickups
    Active Peavey 3-Band onboard Tone circuit
    Master volume and pickup blend controls
    Sting-thru bridge
    neckthru construction
    13-degree angled headstock
    black hardware
    Cirrus 'C' inlay on the 12th fret

This thing is in like-new condition and plays like a million bucks. The tone has been described to me (and I would agree with it) as being very similar to a Warwick Corvette but with half the growl and twice the brightness and attack (in other words if you were to take a Warwick Corvette and a Musicman Stingray and combine the tones... somewhere in the middle you'd have the tone of this bass).

I'm including a vintage Peavey hardshell case with this (circa 1983). However, due to the condition of the case I'm not adding any money to my selling price due to the case. The case is structurally sound, but has numerous scuffs and less than stable latches. All-in-all it looks about like it should for being a 23 year old hardshell case. Once again, no charge for this case.

I'm asking $400 (which includes shipping anywhere in the lower 48 of the US). I am however interested in obtaining a new wireless unit as mine took a dive a few months back. If you want to trade me a wireless unit for this bass we can work out the details of the trade depending on the value and condition of the wireless unit in question.

Contact preference is edge_q5@yahoo.com, thanks for looking!

2. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Email sent

3. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    email replied :hyper:

4. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    gonna give this a little bumpage

5. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    what the hell is BUMP? and what the hell does GAS mean?

6. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Hey...always glad to see a new face. The profanity is most likely not needed, just take a look around and you can find the answers to your questions. In fact, I'll just answer them and save us all some time.

You can find the rules and F.A.Q.'s stickied to the top of the For Sale forums and the basic rules and F.A.Q's for the site on the menu bar or at the following link. (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/faq.php) Enjoy yourself :)

GAS stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome...stick around long enough and you'll feel the pain just like the rest of us.

Enjoy yourself and sorry for hijacking your thread silky, good luck selling the bass.

7. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Sorry for the profanity...and thx for the answers...dude how much for the bass with shipping to canada?

8. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    This thing hasn't seen daylight in a while, so here's a little bump action with a price drop down to $375.

9. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Hehe i certainly learned the profanity part my first few posts.

About the bass do you ship to Canada?

10. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I would have gladly shipped to Canada, but the bass is now sold... well.... traded for. Thanks for the interest everyone.

-Chris