FS/FT Peavey MK III Bass Rig--Make offer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Wileee, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Peavey MK III Bass amp head and 2 Peavey 2x10-1x18 bass cabinets. This amp is rated at 300 watts @ 2 ohms which is where it winds up when you play through both of these killer cabs!Both cabs are 400 watts @ 4 ohms. Both channels work as they should or you can use the "Auto-Mix" input and play through both channels at the same time. This set up has a tremendous sound and lots of volume with both cabs going. This amp has a cross-over in the 2nd channel that allows you to adjust the lows through those big 18"s to suit your venue. One cab has casters, one doesn't to allow you to stack them if you want. One of the 18" speakers has been replaced. Cosmetics on all three pieces is pretty fair with a few small nicks in the Tolex here and there.

Prefer a local exchange( VA, D.C. , MD.) area, but will work with anyone who is interested in this rig as much as I can. Additional photos available upon request. Any trade offer welcome--all I can do is politely decline the offer. Trades would be any Fender 4 strings of equal value.

Attached Files:

2. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Bump

3. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Friday morning Bump!

4. I use to run this same rig, well, with just one of the 2x10/1x18 cabs. Then traded the cab for the 2x8/1x15 cabs.

These heads sound AWESOME! Nice warm bottom.

5. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    trade value/cash price?

6. Are you willing to sell the head by itself?

7. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Bass rig on hold for local sale.

8. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Local sale fell through--Bump.

Really don't want to sell these items separately. Please make offer. :bassist:

9. Virginia is a looong drive for me. Good looking rig.

10. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Friday Morning going to work BUMP!

11. If you do decide to part the rig out, let me know.

Thanks!

12. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    BUMP!

13. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I used to have the same set up except in 1986-91 I had the original Peavey MAX bass head (CS800 with preamp built in flight case) 98 lbs of bass head, 800 watts of power. If I could find one of the MAX heads I would buy it.

Bump for a great rig

14. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Thanks for the support,brother. I just have too many amps/cabs right now. Trying to find a righteous home for a killer bass rig with a lot of vintage MOJO!:cool:

15. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Inactive

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Wow,,,,,,Classic Rig, Man! Awsome..

Black Widow Speakers?

Aj

16. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Yes- as far as I know one cab has the original speakers, the other has had the 18" speaker replaced and upgraded to one that will handle 700 watts @ 4 ohms. It is the one with the casters. HUGE SOUND!

17. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Bump

18. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    BUMP

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021