1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Peavey VB2 - all tube goodness - only $600!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Art Araya, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Looking to sell my Peavey VB2 for $550.

All 9 tubes in the Peavey were just replaced a couple of weeks ago! The head is in good condition and with the new tubes it sounds like brand new!

I think I'm leaning more towards a hybrid sound than all tube these days.

2. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Great price for a great amp bump!

3. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    New price bump - only $550! Steal this now.

4. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    What are you looking for in trades outside of a WT550? I have an older SVT 3Pro that looks brand new! I have box as well. I'd easily do amp+cash for this Peavey. Does this VB2 still have the newer internal fuse? Don't the newer versions now have an outside fuse holder?

5. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Thanks for your offer bro. I am looking only for a WT550. That is the only reason I am selling the Peavey is to buy the Eden.

I don't know about the fuse holder. Tell me how to check for you and I'd be happy to let you know.

6. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    I recently acquired an Eden WT550 from another TBer so I don't need a trade any more. I need the cash to cover my purchase.

$550 gets you this amp.

7. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    What year is the amp? Can you post some pics of the actual amp...front and back? What brand of tubes were installed?

8. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Don't know the year - I do see a 2008 at the end of the serial number in the back but not sure if that is the year of manufacture or not. I don't see a year anywhere else on the back of the head.

Don't recall the two preamp tube types but I'm pretty sure they were Tung-Sol 12AX7.
    The driver tube/phase splitter was an JJ Electronics 12AT7 / ECC81
    The 6 power amp tubes were Electro-Harmonix 6CA7/EL34

Photos are a problem since I don't really know how to do that. I can assure you that the are no problems with the physical condition of the amp. Very minor/normal wear - nothing glaring at all. I would let you know if there were any problems - look at the feedback from my other sales bro. I give too much info rather than not enough. There are no problems with the condition of this amp.

Oh and regarding your earlier question about the fuse holder - I see that the fuse can be changed from the back. Does that answer your question about the location of the fuse holder?

9. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Chubrocker this is the same amp that you were interested in on this thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/f-s-peavey-vbulletin-2-a-808995/

You can see pics there.

The only difference is that now the amp has all new tubes ($150-200 value) and I've cleaned up the inside and outside. It's in much better shape than when I received it. Oh and I'm also selling it for $50 less. I'm taking a loss on this to feed my gear lust for the Eden WT550 that I just purchased.

10. Rock-N-Dawg

Rock-N-Dawg

Sep 18, 2010
    Corona CA
    that $550 shipped?

11. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    $550 shipped - getting some genuine interest now so if you're sitting on the fence on this you may lose it.

12. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    This is still available. There's interest but I guess cash is low due to the holidays. Treat yourself to a Christmas gift!

Here's a video where you can find out more about the amp and hear a sample of it. (I don't care for the overdrive tone but some people can find use for it depending on the kind of band you're in.)

13. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    $550 shipped - still available.

14. good luck with sale, i traded mine locally today for a nice precision bass.

15. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    thanks duff84. i think i'd have more luck with a trade but need the cash.

16. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Last chance to get this before the holidays. I'm going away for 7-10 days so won't be able to send this out for a little while after TODAY. Jump on it now.

Otherwise I'll re-list this after the holidays.

17. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.