Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Project body with pickups, BadAssII, etc

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Transverz, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a MIJ (I believe) olympic/vintage white Fender jazz body with the following pickup routing configuration (fairly decent job, but not completely pro) done to it:

high neck single
    stock jazz neck single
    bridge humbucker

The higher neck and stock neck locations have the stock jazz pickup on it. The bridge humbucker location has a Basslines humbucker on it. All pickups are in great condition. The Basslines logo is somewhat vanishing. The wiring has also been done to it already, with the following knob configuration on it:

volume
    volume
    stacked volume/tone

The body has a new looking, shiny BadassII bridge on it. I also have a shiny Fender neckplate to go with it, but of course, no neck. The neck pocket is a bit rough, but nothing that can't be done something about. No pickguard. The body looks good...no scratches that I can see or remember (I will check again tonight). Let me know if you'd like pics of it and I can take some tonight as well.

The parts separately could get me probably about $200 or so but all together I could do $175 shipped. Or I am considering trades. :D

-T

2. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for asking :)

Pics are coming tonight. Please check back at around 10pm PST or so.

-T

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll wait for pics too. What kind of trades?

I'll PM my trade offer.

-Mike

4. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
  5. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
  6. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yup, still available and in front of me...going to take pics right now. Be right back!

-T

7. Just for reference, how were the bridge saddles filed?

8. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here are the pics! *Sorry, I've been busy sulking over the loss of my Schroeder 1210 and MM Sterling. :( *

But happy times abound :D

Full body shot

Knobs and shiny control plate

Basslines humbucker

Stock jazz single pickups

Bad@ssII bridge...shiny!

Neck pocket

Rear shot

Neck plate holes

Shiny, untouched neck plate w/ screws

Cool, huh? The rough spots near the two stock jazz singles would be covered up by a pickguard. Speaking of which, you would have to carve out or order a custom p/g to deal with the higher neck p/u and MAYBE the humbucker. But not sure. Or you can always go commando (without a p/g) :D ...some like to feel the breeze! :hyper:

All the wiring and electronics should work out well. No reason it shouldn't. The TB'er I got the project from had it working great until he had to sell the neck off it in which I wanted to take on the project but never seem to have the funds, so too bad for me. Would have been fun! Lots of different things you can do to this. Of course, it's sold AS-IS, but if you can show me upon delivery the inside has rotted out like a 10 year old corpse or there is a possum family living in there or something (aka one or more items on it is totally shot to all heck), then of course you would get refunded minus shipping it back to me. Wish I could test it for myself so that I wouldn't have to state all that, but I don't have a neck so apologies for all the formalities.

Any questions? I'll try my best to answer them. But chances are, you probably know more about what's going on here than I do. I think I listed everything I know about this on my initial post, but just in case, ask me if I haven't covered it yet.

Oh, and if you live local, you can come check it out for yourself. I'm in the Southern California area.

Thanks again!

-T

9. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wouldn't be able to tell just by looking, but I wasn't told anything was done to it, so I'm guessing it's a stock Bad@ssII Bridge. Did I even answer that correctly? Let me know if that is totally nonsensical and I'll try again.

-T

10. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Cash is always welcomed, but in addition...

What I'll take for trades?

Hmm, let's see:

Poweramps
    Preamps
    Amp heads - bass or g**tar or even!
    A flurry of Pedals - bass or g**tar or even!
    Good UHF Wireless system (MUCH NEEDED and preferred)
    whatever else you can think of

I would have said cabs but I get the feeling like Santa is gonna have a backache this year cuz of me.

But yeah, I'm open to lots of stuff (and of course, cash). Looking for the right offer so apologies if I need to consider your offer a bit.

Anyway, what are you waiting for...PM me! :hyper:

Thanks for reading.

-T

11. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Thanks for the photos, I'll pass.

12. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for looking!

-T

13. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    routing is a bit to rough for my taste : /

the MM pup is interesting, whats the price on it?

14. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey PasdaBeer,

Thanks for looking. Not sure yet if I want to part this bad boy out...looking for someone to take the whole thing. But when that time comes, I'll let you know. Appreciate it!

-T