1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: "Rat Rod" Precision Bass, flat black pin stripes

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Gord_oh, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    This was a fun one. I am a classic car guy at heart and if you are too you will see the reason I call this a rat rod bass. Painted flat black, and my neighbor who has been painting cars for 50 years hand painted the pin stripes to give it the right look. This started out as a 1992/93 MIK Squier Precision and slowly turned into the beast it is today. Pickups are from a late '80s Fender, hardware has been dulled.

P8130023.

PICTURES HERE

Disclaimer: I am selling this "as-is". It is in need of a setup, badly. It was used as wall art, not as a jamming bass. The truss rod works but is slightly bowed. It could be adjusted to be fully playable again I am sure. I dont have the time to sit down and do it, plus since bills are not waiting for me to get a new job I could use the extra money. This bass has its kinks here and there but could be made into a pretty sweet bar gig bass. I have had it for awhile and I just am done with it. Hopefully it will go to someone who can use it.

ASKING $200 SHIPPED OBO, make an offer.
    TRADES: I would really like an old headstock SX P. I will consider a low end Squier P as well.

2. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    That body's pretty sweet,the brushed covers are a nice touch!

3. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Pending payment, Im going to say this one is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.