1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Raven Labs MDB-1 mixer/direct box/buffer/preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Ricky Caboverde, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Hi guys
    I'm looking for either a SWELL, MYCO, or FEA pedal.
    Or asking $200 shipped.

I expect this unit has enough clout to not require a lengthy description of how it sounds and what it is capable of. However, for those who are not familiar I will simply say that this is an awesome piece of gear that could very well become and important/integral part of your rig. It is a great clear yet warm sounding preamp (awesome for passive basses or piezo pickups) with three inputs that can be mixed and muted independently. It includes an FX loop as well as a wonderful sounding DI.

This particular MDB-1 is one of the earliest, #23 and only runs on batteries ...they should last over 100hrs with regular use. It is in ALMOST near-mint condition...the only issues I can find (and they are small) is that it has a small dent on the lower front right-side corner and the paint had chipped off -- I glued the piece back and it really is inconspicuous anyway. Also, there are no feet only a small piece of velcro as it was mounted to a board for a short while. Outside of these two things, the preamp is flawless and sounds great.

100_0709_zps9008755c.
    100_0713_zps909054ba.
    100_0710_zps2dcadc22.
    100_0714_zps34b5bbfa.
    100_07081_zpscbdf7495.
    100_07071_zps34fe4a7f.

2. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Bump! Still here :)

3. Ricky Caboverde