1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT relist: G&L USA L2000 3-bolt with bass-boost series mode

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thegreatmattsby, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Relisted for sale or trade is my US L2K, featuring three cool things not found on the new ones: (1) the 3-bolt neck with tilt adjustment, (2) the series-mode bass-boost caps (a.k.a. "OMG mode"), and (3) a 7.5" radius neck with 1 5/8" nut, no longer available. It weighs in at 10 lbs. on the bathroom scale, and the serial number dates it to about 1994. (G&L serial-dating is an inexact science; if anyone wants to know what the stamps in the neck pocket say, let me know, and I'll have a look.)

There are a few minor blemishes that I'll point out in the pictures. Otherwise, everything is original and in perfect working order. It sets up like a champ and was recently adjusted for the season, the frets are in great shape, and there's no "ski jump."

Teaser pic:
    DSC08124.

The rest of the pictures are here: L2000 photo album

And the original thread, in case you're interested, is here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/ft-g-l-usa-l2000-3-bolt-bass-boost-series-mode-998058/

For sale at $740 shipped and insured CONUS in a gig bag, or $760 shipped and insured CONUS in a banged up but functional hard case.

As for trades, tops would be a G&L USA bass, specifically one of the following:
    • SB-2, second type (PJ), fretted
    • Climax or L1500, fretted or fretless
    • L2500, fretted
    • El Toro, fretted or fretless
    Cash on either end is an option, depending on the model, condition, case, etc.

Feel free to run other trade ideas by me, too, but please understand I'm more likely to turn them down.

Thanks for reading, and please don't hesitate to post or PM with questions!

2. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    All PMs replied. Bump!

3. sifi76

sifi76

Mar 14, 2007
    New Zealand
    Pm'd

4. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Damn, this one's making me itch. What a nice bass, I'm hoping I can scrounge the cash before I get beat to the punch.

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    That tobacco-burst is bad@$$.

6. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Got some nibbles, but it's not too late!

For real.

7. Beautiful! In any interest in cabs? I have a pair of Aguilar db112nt cabs to trade

8. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Thanks! Those Aguilars look cooler than cool, but I'm afraid I'm all set in the cabs department.

9. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Bump. Are all of you absolutely certain you don't have an SB-2 to trade me? :bassist:

10. Turkeypills

Turkeypills

Nov 8, 2012
    St. Louis
    I don't even like bursts but hot damn that bass is looking prime! I would gladly trade you my USA JB-2 for such a beast but you did not mention them.

11. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    A JB-2, you say? Hmm, not looking for one at the moment, but my GAS pains are always shifting. Now that you've put the idea in my head, it may only be a matter of time!

And agreed, this is a burst for guys who don't do bursts. It won me over.

12. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    Section 204
    Hmm...

How about a "I keep thinking about this one even though I don't like bursts, already have a 3TS/maple L-2000 and only have a first generation SB-2 that I'd let go of" bump...

13. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    I never say no to a bump! Thanks!

14. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    TTT

15. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Annnnnnd this one's sold. Thanks for the conversation, everybody, and happy Thanksgiving!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.