1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Roscoe LG3005 - Cobobolo Top, Spanish Cedar Body & Birdseye Maple Fingerboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Up for grab is my gorgeous Roscoe LG-3005. This particular one is made out of Spanish ceder body w/ cobobolo top, 3 piece neck and birdseye maple board. Electronics are Bartolini soapbars and 3-band EQ w/ push & pull midrange shift. It weights around 9.5lbs, and balances well with both strap and sitting down. The scale is standard 35". What can I say, this bass is simply amazing, beautiful construction, low actions and with a focus mid that just sings for days. As we all know that Keith Roscoe is one of most highly sought after luthier in the boutique bass world, known for utilizing visually stunning wood in his work.

**As some of you may remember that I originally had this bass up for sale about a month ago. I pulled the ad off because I noticed after putting on a new set of heavier gauge strings I was not able to achieve ideal string actions for my liking. So I had the neck sent back to Keith for a check-up. After his diagnosis, we decided to go with retruing and refretting the fingerboard. Now the neck is in better shape than ever, still plenty of room for truss rod adjustment and with brand new frets!!! I took the bass to my tech (Paul Iverson) for a set-up recently, his comment was that Keith did an amazing job on the neck, and it's literally dead straight.

The repair was not cheap but was necessary in order to achieve my preferred low actions, which I think most of you would appreciate it as well. This being said, the overall condition of the bass is close to mint, I would give it a 9+/10. Comes with original Roscoe hardshell case.

[DEL]For trade, I will consider TRADING DOWN for a ~$1000 range 34" 5-string fretless with minimum of $1100 coming to me after the trade. The trade value on this is ~$2250.[/DEL]

For cash transaction, I am looking for [DEL]$1900[/DEL] $1850 fee free (ie, Cash, Postal MO, E-Check, etc...) shipped Canada and USA.

9khld.

9L8bJ.

uMJiA.

tgcI8.

iDwjQ.

Sw5zK.

2. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    I've personally played this one, and it was nearly impossible to put down. Big delicious Roscoe tone!

And a BIG plus 1,000,000 for Paul Iverson! The man has repaired some of the most unspeakable, heinous, hideous crimes ever perpetuated against guitars, and brought back to life many treasures of the Golden Age. Master Luthier and a gentleman.

Coco Bolo Bumpin'!

3. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Thx Bud :)

4. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Canuck Bump! What a beaut!

5. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    You are too kind :)

6. I like!!!!!

7. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

That wood combo is killer.
    I love LG3005, stunning bass.

8. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Thx for all the kind words, guys. :)

BTW, I just got myself a Carvin Icon Fretless 5, and will not longer be taking trades. The Roscoe is now for sale only.

Price dropped for one last time. $1850 shipped!!! This is absolutely the bottom line for me.

9. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Where in Canada are you located?

10. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Vancouver, BC :cool:

11. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    If you wasn't in Canada I would trade my Fbass.

12. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow!

13. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Bump :)

14. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van