1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fs/ft Rotosound Flatwounds 45-105 2.5 hrs old.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by duff84, Mar 31, 2013.

1. i got these recently to see if the flatwound sound works for my band, and i found that these don't really cut it in the band i play in, so im looking to sell or trade. I like the feel of them and the tension but i find nickel or stainless steel rounds work better for the band i play with. I would consider trying a different type of flatwounds, i.e dr, ghs, ti, fender etc.

These are barely used played a half hr, than 2 hr jam and decided to take them off. They are cut for a fender precision bass 4 inline through the bridge.

Sale price is 25 shipped

Trades- Id consider all sorts of nickel or steel round wounds or differnt type of flatwounds, ie dr ghs fender, ti, labella, etc.

2. PhatRon

PhatRon I blow bass Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Lake Stevens, Wa.
    try the fenders. I've had them on my jazz for about six months and I seldom miss the nickel rounds I used to use. They are the most round sounding flats I've tried. I can get a really sweet "Grace too" tone going on. I'm thinking you might know that one