1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/ FT Sadowsky Metro MV4 in LPB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BEADG, Mar 10, 2008.

1. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Well when I decided to list my Stambaugh fretless I made the decision to see if there was any interest in my new Sadowsky Metro MV4 in Lake Placid Blue.
    I purchased the bass from the guys in NY back in October of 07' and it's perfect in every way. But recent GAS inspired shopping sprees and that fact that I'm not a gigging musician means I really can't justify having 5 basses. Plus I'm really wishing I had gone for a UV 70 with Rosewood FB and 5 strings. I have made only one change and that was the addition of a white pear PG (I have the original white one too that I'll include in the sale). The bass was recently strung up with LaBella Flats (Deep Talking Bass) but I have not yet taken the time to adjust the action or intonation. My Nordy Vj5 gets all the attention these days.

The bass is 100% perfect there is not a scratch on it as its never left my house! Roger signed and dated the back of the headstock for me and the guys at the shop said it was one of the lightest Metro's they had ever seen at just a tick over 8lbs. New the bass set me back over $2100 plus $60 bucks for the new PG.
    I'm willing to let it go for $1700 plus S & H and I'll include the original PG and original round wound strings too. Case is of course included and is in perfect condition.

I am willing to talk trades but I'm interested in only a few basses at this time; either a used Sadowsky Metro UV70-RW 5 string or perhaps an American made 62' reissue Fender P bass (or something in the P-Bass theme like a Alleva Coppolo P bass or a Mike Lull P bass) and some cash if necessary.

I can accept Pay Pal and personal checks but no Money Orders or Bank certified checks. US and Canada only please.
    PM me if you would like additional pictures.
    Thanks,

2. Russell Bergum

Russell Bergum Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Rochester, MN
    Does it have VTC?

3. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Thanks and yes it does have VTC.

4. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Wednesday Bump.

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Bump for a sweet looking bass! Somebody should snag this real quick!

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Im up to my neck with Sad's or Id be all over this one. LOVE blue basses

Rob

7. youngs

youngs

Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    Does this have the same radius as the UV70? I really like the UV70's thin neck.

8. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Ive owned both. The UV's(metro) have a 9degree, the metro like for sale here has a 12degree. They both are jazz taper with 1.5inches at the nute

Rob

9. youngs

youngs

Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    Thanks man. got that.

10. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Thanks Rob. ;)
    Did I mention the buyer can inherit my club member #12?
    Cheers,

11. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

YW

Would love to pick it up but enough is enough

LOL

Rob

12. BEADG

BEADG