1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Sadowsky UV70-MB-ASH-4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dirty Dave, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Time to try this again. Back on the block.

Metro Ultra-Vintage model. Natural finish, swamp ash body, maple neck w/black blocks & binding. No VTC. Purchased new in 10/07 (still have receipts, etc.). The original Sadowsky softcase is included and dunlop straplocks have been installed.

http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/davidcfitz/

Overall, it's in great shape. Most people who would seriously consider buying this bass probably already know that the Sadowsky tone is to die for!! If I didn't have another Sadowsky I could never let it go. During the two years I have owned this bass, I have never felt the need to adjust the action or the neck, so it still has the factory setup. The only brand of strings this bass has ever seen are Sadowsky's (SBN45's).

The disclaimers: The pickguard has some scratches from normal use, mainly where I use the pickup for a thumb-rest. The headstock has bounced off a few cymbals but where it's not a painted headstock it hardly seems worth mentioning. There is also a very tiny ding in the upper rear body, which because of the natural finish, was difficult to photograph. I've tried my best to capture everything in the pictures.

This Sadowsky model now sells for $2595 new. I feel obligated to mention that it appears Sadowsky now includes VTC as standard with this model and as stated above, mine does not have VTC. I just want to be clear on that so as not to mislead anyone about what they are getting. I'll string it up with a new set of Sadowsky SBN45's.

Edit: I put a downpayment on a Rickenbacker which I was hoping to trade for, so the trade option is no longer applicable. For sale only. It was a long shot anyway as most Ric owners can't part with them. I now need to move this Sadowsky to get the Ric out of the shop, so this will be my last price reduction before I try eBay.

I'll ship for free. Will ship to 48 continental U.S. only.

PayPal accepted. PM me if interested.

Steal this bass for $1550 shipped!!

2. funkyfretless

funkyfretless

Jan 15, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
  3. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
  4. gregmerrill

gregmerrill

Jul 27, 2009
    Are those Humcancelling pick ups? I think its possible to add VTC correct?

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

VTC can be added to any Sadowsky that lacks it

Rob

6. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Thanks, Rob....and yes Greg, they are the hum-cancelling pickups.

7. fcajr

fcajr

May 18, 2009
    Kansas City
    ... for the prettiest Bass (IMO) on the block. Just wish I had the cash :crying:

8. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I put a down payment on a Rickenbacker so the trade option has been removed. Last price reduction before I try eBay.

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

WOW. deal and a half!! Happen to know the exact weight of the bass, Dave?

Rob

10. Britbonic

Britbonic Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    I've been tempted by this bass for awhile going back to when you first had it listed. Couple of questions.

- Any idea of the weight?
    - Is the larger UV body same size as a standard Fender Jazz?
    - Difference in overall tone with bridge PU in vintage position closer to the bridge?

From another former Boston guy. Go Sox!

11. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    All I have to go by is my bathroom scale and it says exactly 10lbs.

12. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Britbonic,

As mentioned to Rob, I got it weighing in at 10lbs on the bathroom scale. As far as the UV body size, I've never been a big Fender guy...just bought my first one in well over 20 years, so I'm thinking you could research that just as easily as I could. I always prefered the pickups evenly blended but per the included "Sadowsky Bass Controls" documentation, when I pan clockwise it selects the bridge pickup, counter clockwise the neck pickup. I find the bridge pickup to be much brighter (more treble) than the neck pickup. Hope this helps.

Ohh and almost forgot...GO SOX!!!

13. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    On hold for Latinbass.

Sold pending payment.

14. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yikes!! Deal collapsed due to 3rd party circumstances beyond both of our control. Temporarily back on the block. Anybody else want to take a shot at this for $1550 before it gets listed on eBay for considerably more. I would much rather see a TalkBasser wind up with this beautiful bass. Unfortunately, the clock is ticking as my new Ric is screaming for me. The UV70 is all packed up & ready to go with brand new Sadowsky strings installed.

15. fenjazz

fenjazz Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Portand, OR
    PMed

16. Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    And sold!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.