1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Schroeder 21012R (Local: Phoenix/Socal/LV)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rpsands, Apr 17, 2009.

1. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey folks,

This thing is heavy - 80lbs or so - so I'd like to keep it within 'meet in the middle' driving range. I am in Phoenix AZ - can drive anywhere within 150-200 miles or so to meet up (Kingman, Indio, whatever).

This is a Schroeder 21012R with the slant baffle'd 12, normal speakers. 23.5" x 23.5" x 16" or so, as I said about 80lbs.

This is a 4 ohm cabinet.

I'll throw some pictures up if anyone is curious, but it looks pretty much exactly like any other schroeder 21012R - there's a wee bit of cat hair you can't see in photos in the carpet. According to the previous owner, one of the 10" drivers was replaced under warranty by Jorg, but no other issues exist. I have had no problems with it myself, just running my Neopak or Mesa 400+ through it.

It's got a super loud, focused sound, mostly around the low mids. It seems about as loud as a 6x10, but doesn't go super deep - my B-string didn't care for it much, but the D was decent. The horn is aggressive and I usually keep it dialled back 3/4 or so.

It's also very easy to move around due to the size, as long as you're comfortable hefting the weight. Two guys can carry other stuff while carrying this pretty easily and that's normally how I worked it - gig bag and amp in one arm, half the Schroeder in the other. Fits in my Saturn's back seat or trunk easily.

Asking 450 cash and meet you in the middle to deliver or you can come pick it up. I'll ship it but it's on your dime + packing materials. And it will cost -- I'd estimate around 70 bucks. Don't hesitate to shoot me offers.

For trades, I am looking for lighter cabs - something I can one-hand - or a nice bass. Open to lots of options here. I would not be opposed to throwing some cash in for the right deal (like a 400 Neox112T combo)

2. RobJeff3

RobJeff3

Mar 4, 2008
    Camarillo, CA
    pm sent