1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Skjold CS5 and Sadowsky Metro Modern 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Saluki, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    OK I may be a little bit crazy putting this up but I have some taxes due and some costly travel coming up and I am hoping to do something custom (skjold) if year end bonuses allow. Enough justification, but I may pull at anytime.

Sadowsky Metro Modern 5 in Corsica blue. Alder Rosewood combo with VTC and Sadowsky softcase. Has some light player wear on the back 8/10 and front is 9/10 with just normal swirls under g-string and near knobs. Has a small wood check of the low b tuner set screw. Talked with Roger Sadowsky about this and he said this was common (call or email him to verify my findings if you wish). It was set with glue and is a non-issue. 9.3 lbs The tone and playability is great.

Skjold CS5 (don't flame me Vic or Pete) which I went thru alot of trouble to get. Has the most awesome top I have ever seen. Burled redwood on swamp ash, wood knobs, multilam neck with bloodwood board and with one of the most verstile preamps available. John East pre with push pull for active/passive, tone control, parallel and series selector, bass, treble, sweepable mids, and ultra high. Originally a fretless converted to a fretted by (Brian Barret at low end or Chris Benvente).

As far as trades I am open, but really looking for a sadowsky ultra vintage 5, eden 405, epifani UL410 or UL212. May consider any other high end gear where I can get some cash.

Sadowsky-$1750 shipped.
    Skjold CS5-$1925 shipped.

2. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    More Photos

3. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    More Sadowsky

4. Two incredible basses. And very good prices for both. If you're on the fence, don't hesitate. :)

5. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............ I want that Sadowsky.

Bump for a great guy.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I played that Skjold, and it is nice! Someone is going to get a great deal.;)

7. AndroWal

AndroWal

Sep 28, 2003
    Ojai, CA
    Bridge string-spacing on the Sadowsky??? And nut-width??

Thanks.

8. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Wow. Both of these basses are awesome, and the price is definitely right, too!!

9. The CS5 would still be mine if it had but one more string. I will just say that the close-up pic almost does justice to the most striking burled redwood top I have seen.

It is a superb bass and, based on the amount of interest expressed when I sold it, I doubt it will be here long.

10. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    If someone buys the Skjold, will you include the sock? It's pictured, so I'm assuming you will. ;) :D

11. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, it is on my foot and then I would have to go with it and I'm sure the exspense of the bass is enough that the buyer wouldn't want the food bill for me.

Hey you-don't throw stones...I've seen you take pictures. Don't make me pull BC into this:eek:

12. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader" Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    have you lost it?

13. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Ya, a little, but I have a plan. Possibly a new skjold.

14. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    ...and whom, shall I remind you, was I taking photos for at the time? HMMmmmm??? :D
    :bag:

15. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    and I was tempted to take pictures of you taking pictures and post them on TB so you can get the picture taking respect that you so deserve. Looked like you were playing Twister by yourself;) JK. My pics suck and you can see the difference.

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Yes, it's quite undignified, but it's the only way I can get decent results. My problem is, I can't move the lights or really the bass, so I have to move the camera. I do plan on getting a little more photo gear tho, and then I shouldn't have that problem anymore. :)

17. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    B.C.... helloooooo.... are you there? MMMMMmmmm look at that pretty blue Sadowsky.... mmmMMMMMmmmmm.... ;)
    :bag:

18. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Hm, lets try this again, Vic, your photography is comical. :bag:

Yes, I want this bass.

19. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Bump

20. RudeMood

RudeMood Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Bump for a good guy... I have a similar Sad Metro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.