1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Spector Legend 4 Custom Bubinga/Epi Ripper Limited Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikeddd, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeddd

mikeddd Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    EPI IS GONE. TRADED TO MASTERBASS! FOR A COOL FRETLESS! THANKS, MASTERBASS! :D

Most of us haven't gotten our tax refunds yet. Some of us are spending in advance of the refund. You, my friends, I'm hoping fall into the latter category. :D

This Spector was purchased here on TB. It's a fine instrument and in fantastic shape. Not "my thing", however. As much as I'd like to keep it around just for the coolness factor, it has to go in order to fund my next bass purchase.

THE FS PART: Cash is always king. I take PayPal, I pack very well and I have a good rep here on TB. I'm a straight-shooter. All pertinent details listed below.

THE FT PART: Not interested in amps, cabs, pedals or other gear. Will add cash on my end as needed for the right bass.

I'm primarily looking for a late-model standard American P (with the hi-mass bridge and lightweight tuners) mainly in Oly White, but might like another color, depending. Obviously this will require my bass plus cash on my end. I'd love to trade both these plus a little cash for your late-model American P! We can work something out. Please keep in mind that the prices listed INCLUDE SHIPPING. Thank you for looking!

Would also consider an older model American P if in very good shape. No "players basses" with the 4-inch knife gash across the body and the crack in the headstock, please.

SPECTOR LEGEND 4 CUSTOM BUBINGA -[del]$425[/del] $400 SHIPPED, INSURED.
    On with the show. This is a year unknown to me (but serial in first pic) Spector Legend 4 Custom Bubinga. 34" scale, 9 pounds on my digital shipping scale. This bass is in pristine condition. Not a ding or dent on it. Not to be confused with the normal Legend with the bolt-on neck, this is a set-neck bass. RW fingerboard with a very nice open grain look. Neck is perfect. No fret sprout or notable fret wear. Spector locking bridge. EMG-HZ pups, 3 band active EQ. Typical hi-fi Spector sound. Very nice bass and I'd love to keep it around, but it's not my thing. Smooooth heel, silky upper-fret access. I cannot find any dents or dings on it. Pics say it all. Cosmetically I'd call it a 9.5. Full disclosure: the stacked bass/treble knob setscrew and treble knob are a little stripped. I received it this way. They work just fine without slipping but they are a little loose. The pot itself is fine, it's just the knob/screw. It's wearing brand-new (2 months old and played at home about 3 times) D'Addario XLs. The Spector will ship in a beat to heck (seriously) SKB Freedom case that is missing a foot. Case latches work and case will do just fine for shipping. Case will be wrapped in cardboard. Bass will be padded inside case. [del]$425[/del] $400 shipped, insured.

P1050729Medium.
    P1050728Medium.
    P1050721Medium.
    P1050727Medium.
    P1050719Medium.
    P1050725Medium.
    P1050726Medium.
    P1050723Medium.
    P1050724Medium.

EPI IS GONE! THANKS FOR LOOKING! YOU CAN STILL BUY THE SPECTOR ABOVE, THOUGH! :D

[DEL]Epiphone Ripper Limited - [del]$325[/del], $300 SHIPPED INSURED[/DEL]
    Here's a real rocker for you. This does the Duff tone better than Duff! Featured in hard-to-find black w/blk PG is a Epi Ripper Limited. 34" scale and an are-you-man-enough 11 pounds, 13 ounces. Contrary to the split P pup, this isn't a pure P Bass sound. It's Gibsons version of a P sound, if that makes sense. Pickups are hi-output with lots of lows and highs. NICE neck. Check the pics. Brass nut. Great looking bass but not my thing. I'm using the pics from the original sale because honestly, the bass is in the exact same shape. Had it about 6 months and it's been in the gig bag for 99.9% of those months. The strings on it are what it came to me wearing. No idea, but they are not dead. Plenty of life left in them. Neck is beautiful, frets excellent, nothing bad to say. Full disclosure: The 3-way switch is a little scratchy. Works fine but you get that "scratch" once in awhile whilst switching b/t pups. Some minor PG swirling and a few light scratches that wouldn't show in pics. Missing sticker outline on back of HS. Don't know what was there. Got it like this. Bass will ship in a box, well-packed with neck detached. I will label each screw and draw a diagram showing which neck plate hole it goes in. I'm OCD like that. Would like to get what I paid for it.[DEL] [del]$325[/del] $300 SHIPPED, INSURED.[/DEL]

IMG_1696.
    IMG_1697.

IMG_1699.
    IMG_1700.
    IMG_1701.
    IMG_1702. IMG_1704.
    IMG_1703.

2. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Morning bump. :)

3. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    Nice, cool EPI...

4. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Customary next day after listing why isn't anyone biting evening bump. Please keep in mind that the prices listed include shipping! :D

5. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Start of the weekend bump. :) Thanks for looking.

6. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Sat morning to the top bump.

Let's make a deal for your late-model American P or older American P in great shape! Will add cash plus my bass! Heck, trade for both my basses and surround yourself in New Toy Goodness!

7. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    wish I had toys like that...any other trades?

8. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    PM replied to, Jaymi. My goal with these trades is to wind up with a P. Either a late-model US or older US in very good shape Not interested in anything else at this time. Thanks for the interest though. :)

9. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Most kind of you sir! Thanks for your reply.. :)

10. I already have an original 75' Ripper, but that Epi reissue is sexy.
    Squier CV 51' P trade bait?

11. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    The Epi Ripper IS mega-sexy. Honestly, that's why I bought it. :oops: Didn't think that it would end up basically taking up space in the closet. If I had the space and didn't need the money for another bass I'd keep this one forever, hanging on the wall. Several guys (mostly guitar players) have come over, seen it and gone "Whoa, that is freaking cool!" and they actully pick it up and plunk around on it a little until they say "Dang that thing is heavy!" and they put it back on the stand. Weakling little guitar players. :D

Been thinking about turning this into a straight FS thread. I can understand how most folks selling an American P arent' probably looking for these types of basses. Definitely do NOT want to deal with FeeBay. Just sold a bunch of stuff on there and lost like 12% in fees. WTH, man? I don't remember it being that bad.

Bump. Make me an offer.

12. roy thomas

roy thomas

Jan 20, 2012
    The Spector is awesome. Still for sale ? If so please pm me might want it

13. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    PM replied to. Possible sale in the works for the Spector. :) Both of these basses are a good deal for the asking price, especially considering that price includes shipping, which we all know is not cheap.

14. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Spector on hold pending payment. Epi still available. Cash is king, folks!

15. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Epi still available. Spector might be available again Monday if sale falls through (hope it does not though!) Spector on hold pending payment. Hopefully by the time I get my basses sold, some of these awesome P deals will still be around!

16. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Deal fell through on the Spector, so it's back on the market. No bites on the Epi yet; I'm surprised. Outright sale is preferred, but I would be very happy to trade one or both basses plus cash for an American P (late model).

Weekend bump. :)

17. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I read that Guitar Center is buying used gear this weekend.../slaps self with keyboard

What was I thinking? *shiver!* See what you guys almost made me do? You want to buy one of my basses. /waves hand "This IS the bass you are looking for..."

18. roy thomas

roy thomas

Jan 20, 2012
    Yea they are , They pretty much take almost anything a ton of trade ins. I've done it a few times. They don't give you what it's worth but close

19. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    too bad you don't want a TBird for the Ripper..... :(

20. mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Honestly, I think the TBird would fall into the "Cool looking bass but I don't play it b/c it doesn't feel right to me" category, like the Ripper did. I've got the P Bass GAS bad. If I can sell these two off, I'd have to come up with very minimal cash for a nice P.

I may bring them to GC just for grins. "Uh, we'll give you $75 for the Epi and $100 for the Spector. Deal?" How about "Hell no, you crooks!" Maybe I won't go to GC after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.