1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Spector NS JH 5, Buckeye Burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cheezewiz, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I have a Spector NS JH 5 EX. This is a hand made US Spector bolt on. It has a buckeye burl top, mahogany body, pau ferro board, and a maple neck. It has the beautiful Spector crown inlays.

I swapped out the Spector Tone Pump for an EMG BQC System, and swapped the EMG TW bridge pickup for an EMG DC. I will include both the tone pump (minus one pot) and the EMG TW with this bass. With the BQC, you get a cut/ boost treble control which is frequency selectable via dipswitches on the preamp inside the control cavity, a bass cut/boost, and a sweepable mid/mid frequency.

This bass is 8.2 lbs, and comes with a Spector gig bag. It was purchased brand new just a few months ago. The pics were taken prior to the preamp and pickup swap. There is one small mark on the back where the tech who did the preamp swap for me dropped a small bit of solder.

I'm asking $1700 shipped in the lower 48, and plus shipping anywhere else.

Feel free to offer trades. I'd be interested in a:

Sadowsky Metro Modern 24 (either board OK)
    Sadowsky Metro Jazz with maple board (MV, UV, MS)
    Valenti 5
    Low End Jazz 5
    2008 AS P bass plus cash
    Lakland 55-94
    Spector Euro plus cash

I'm open to other trades also. 4, 5, 6 string OK

100_0079-1-1.

100_0080.

2. thor999

thor999

May 26, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Holy Sh^t I was so prepared to spend like $5,000.00 on this a year ago. Take a computer or assault rifle worth way more than you're asking in trade? I wouldn't be above a sexual favor... oh hell here come the Mods...

3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I don't have any use for a rifle, and I want a new laptop, but don't really need one!

4. NS2A

NS2A

Apr 3, 2008
    I bet if you add in your kid, counterfit money and illegally downloaded software, he'd take that deal.:)

5. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Pat why must you do this to me? I was soooooo on the fence and regretted my last e-mail now this staring me in the face again. Ahhhhhhhhh! :crying:

6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The deal is there if you decide you want it Tim.:bassist: I'm not in any huge hurry. The deal I had lined up after yours fell through also, so maybe I'm meant to keep it! For now, it's available though! :)

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Additional requested pics:

100_0103.

100_0104.

100_0105.

10. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    ttt

11. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I am starting to be tempted by this. I haven't been a fan of most 35" basses I've played. Do you regularly play any 34" basses? How's the switch between them. I know because of bridge placement and other factors, all 35" basses are not the same...

12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I play both 34 and 35 inch scale basses. Sometimes it's an adjustment, and sometimes, it's not, depending on the ergos of the bass. Some, such as a Lakland, don't seem to take much adjustment at all. I'm not going to fib to make a sale, it IS a bit of an adjustment with a Spector. Due to the small body, bridge positioning, etc., the reach on Spectors does seem a bit long to the first position. It's NOT at all undoable. I find when switching basses between the Spector and another one during a gig, a little extra concentration the first minute or two makes the switch no problem.

13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    My local store has a Spector almost identical to this one in stock, brand new, right now. These things absolutely kill--both in terms of tone and playability.

Someone should really grab this thing. This is a great price, too!!

14. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    And...as requested, outdoor pics. (as you can see by my grass, it's been very dry in Ohio, but my marigolds are doing exceptionally well. ;))

100_0106.

100_0107.

15. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    wow...beautiful.

16. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    PM'd ya

17. This is just a "maybe", but interested in my Conklin?

18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    PMs returned.

19. Great looking bass...

20. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    bump

Thread Status: