1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT Squier Classic Vibe '50s Precision (Butterscotch Blonde)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cewillm, Jan 19, 2012.

1. cewillm

cewillm #1 Adam Clayton fan

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Here's a great example of Squier's recent, quality work. A '50s Precision in a butterscotch blonde that is somewhere in-between the "true" butterscotch of the 90s CIJ '51 Precision re-issue and the "school bus yellow" color of the 2000s re-issues.

I'm looking to offload her because I don't need eight basses. ;)

I've owned one of the newer CIJ re-issues and this stacks up in every way, shape, and form. I actually prefer the slab body but this Squier version has rounded corners that should be more comfortable for many. The bass itself is in like-new condition. The body wood grain is unbelievable! No scratches anywhere on the bass. The chromed bits look great. The pickup doesn't seem to hum on my SVT rig.

The bass is strung with a new set of DR Black Beauties in what I believe are a medium gauge, but I'm not positive. To be honest, I don't like the Black Beauties at all, at least not on this bass. She would sound much better with a cheap set of Chromes or, even better, TI Jazz Flats. I don't have a spare set of flats, or I'd throw them on for you. With rounds you can expect to get a great rock tone (i.e. The Police) when picked and muted.

Black Dunlop strap locks are also included.

Ships single-boxed in a simple gig bag and plenty of void filler, unless you want to pay extra for superior shipping done by a pro shipper I use for more expensive basses. CONUS only, please. I accept PayPal and usually ship within two business days.

As far as trades go, I am looking for either one of the aforementioned CIJ '51 Precision re-issues or a Roadworn Precision in fiesta red (Pino, baby!!!). I might consider other Precisions as well, just throw it out there. Cash can flow your way.

Cash price is $250 plus shipping.

Please don't hesitate to PM me with offers or questions. Thanks! :bassist:

Sorry that the photos aren't the best. They represent the existence of the bass. It looks no different than what you will find online. If you really need great photos, I can take them this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kickboxr

kickboxr

Nov 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Pm sent

3. PM to you from Atlanta

4. Sold yet?