1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Squier VM Fretless Neck - $100 + S/H

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TheEmptyCell, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

I've got this neck mounted on an MIM Jazz body. I had to sand it just a hair to make it fit the neck pocket. The logo was removed by the previous owner. There's a slight ding on the back of the neck that doesn't affect playability. Action is nice and low, no high spots that I can find. There are marks on the fretboard from roundwound strings, nothing bad.

I'd like $100 plus shipping, or to trade for a maple fretboard P-bass neck, fretted. Nothing with a horrible orange tint, please.

Here's the ding:
    IMGP3453.

Here's the headstock:
    IMGP3445.

I can get other pics if you'd like.

EDIT: Here's some shots of the fretboard and heel.
    IMGP3549.
    This shows the marks from sanding. Can't see them when it's mounted and strings are on, but they're there. I just hit it with 80 grit paper to make the job go quicker.

IMGP3547.
    Bass side of the heel. The little dark/ reddish spots are finish from the neck pocket of the body. Mostly from dry fitting it.

IMGP3548.
    Bass side again.

IMGP3546.
    Treble side. Note the finish spot again.

IMGP3550.
    FB with flash, which brings out the marks on there. I believe someone said a good polishing would take them out, but with strings on, they're not visible.

IMGP3553.
    Without flash. I know, the string marks look horrific, but I assure you, I can't even feel them.

IMGP3555.
    Here's the nut. I just noticed that the strings had dug in a little above the nut, towards the tuners. Doesn't affect anything, just disclosing it all.

2. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Was this stock fretless or did someone pull the frets and fill the slots with epoxy or something?

3. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

How about a pic of the fretboard and sanded heel ?

4. TheEmptyCell

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Trade for a VM Precision bass neck?

6. TheEmptyCell

BUMP!

7. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member