1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Sukop 4 string fretless - Singlecut - Semihollow - light spalt/heavy flame!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by climb, Sep 24, 2008.

1. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    **AUDIO CLIP ADDED** Sukop 4 string fretless singlecut and semi-hollow, with ebony board. The top is a beautiful heavily flamed/lightly spalted maple, and the body is walnut (I believe). 34" scale. Fretboard with minimal wear; has Sadowsky flatwounds on it. Sings like a canary. Fantastic condition. Board is unlined but has side dots; this bass is easy to play in tune for some reason. Don't have the weight on me, but it's not heavy (semihollow helps).

Asking $1995 shipped. Will consider trades for Sadowsky 4/5 with ash/maple or partial trades towards Fodera. Anything else interesting? Run it by me! This is just an amazing instrument that I really have no business selling.

2. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Just saw GW Bush give his little financial crisis speech. I must say that TB seems to be a pretty good reflection of the economy these days--I see people selling things they should never sell (myself included) at prices that they would never have posted 1 year ago, and they're not moving at all. (At least, IMO, a lot of great axes seem stuck right about now...). What do you think?

3. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Completely agree.

That things beautiful by the way.

4. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Close up

5. BIGBEE

BIGBEE

May 27, 2006
    hi all just wanted to say i bought a 4 string sukop from climb, he is a great guy to deal with , and if you never played a sukop before, they are outstanding basses, the most comfortable bass i ever played, i love my bass, these dont come up for sale often, i know im not selling mine!! good luck with the sale. all the best steve.

6. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks Steve! Glad you're loving your Sukop--I really miss that bass. Just great great tone and action.

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I totally agree. The used market for mid to high end basses seems to have just about stalled completely. There are some insane deals to be had but money is obviously tight. :rollno:

8. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, it's kind of crazy right now. I wonder whether it's affecting people like Sadowsky or the folks at Fodera. I would imagine a lot of people are cancelling orders as well.

Doesn't anybody want a 4 string fretless singlecut semi-hollow Sukop? It's likely that you may never see one like this again. I'd like to try one of the Smiths on sale here... help...

9. NYCBass

NYCBass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    PM sent

10. flyman

flyman Whoa!!

Aug 2, 2005
    cincinnati, ohio
    A couple of questions.

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Depends on what you're selling. I've sold three basses in the last month with no problem. Probably will be selling more.

Nice Sukop.

12. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    PMs replied...

19mm spacing center to center at bridge on higher strings, but the spacing is compensated (edge of string to edge of string) for more even feel.

Width at nut is 1.6"

13. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    if i didn't just buy another new fretless i'd pick it up. let me know if you still have it in a few months.

14. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD

My first bass video clip ever, so don't judge the bass by my amateur playing! This is recorded just using a laptop's internal mic/video, so don't expect ECM quality or anything. Also, it's currently got flats on it to preserve the fingerboard (since it's for sale), but it has a totally different character if you put rounds on it. It has more of an acoustic vibe with these flats. There's a tiny bit of reverb and chorus. Sadowsky rig.

15. buddyro57

buddyro57 me and PJ (living with the angels now)

Apr 14, 2006
    Cedar Falls Iowa
    Nice bass, hate to ask, but could you make a clip without chorus? It really masks the true sound of the bass. The clip should demonstrate front pick up, back pick up, blend, right hand over the fingerboard, right hand over the bridge pickup. If this were a 600. bass I wouldn't fuss, but for something like this, a little more exacting clip would help.
    JS

16. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    now $1900 shipped! I challenge you to find a Sukop (or other) bass like this at this price! (or at any price, actually--it's a singlecut semihollow 4 string fretless in mint condition; I've seen a ton of Sukops but never one like this)

17. PM :smug:

18. Thats my old bass

19. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    And a great one!

20. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Audio clip added!!

Just a random improvisation with a brief nod to a Remark You Made. Please note that this clip is using flatwounds. With rounds, the mwah is way more intense (if you can imagine); I don't want to damage the fingerboard at all since it's for sale. And excuse my intonation, I'm no pro.