1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT SUKOP DC 4 string *Beautiful feeling, sounding, Looking, Playing!*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Famous Shamus, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famous Shamus

Famous Shamus Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    FS or FT ...Seems that everyone has a bass that doesn't get enough attention in their stockpile....and so it is with me!:D

My Sukop sits because its really, really a spectacular bass. I really don't want to bring it out to my bar gigs, where some drunken idiot (read: my drummer:eyebrow:) can whack into it or spill beer on it, and so it sits at home all lonely and such...

To hear sound clips and construction methods, as well as the builders philosophy on construction go to
    http://www.sukop.com/

....it is the clearest, most robust bass I have put my hands on. The pictures and website can tell you much more than I can about the generalities of the bass, so I'll confine my remarks to the specifics of this particular bass. This is an earlier model with some differences from current models as I will try to note.

-3 piece neck -Hard Rock Maple/cocobolo?/Hard Rock Maple (different than the 5 piece necks made today) with a Purple heart headstock
    -Ebony Fretboard
    -neck through construction
    -Mohagany Body, with a Walnut soundplate, topped with Figured Maple
    -Bartolini Pickups and Preamp
    -Gotoh tuners
    -the individual bridges are Kahler's.
    -brass nut
    -Dunlop straplocks (not recessed obviously)
    -shielded electronics (and signed by the Steven Sukop)

Sukop's are argueably one of the finest basses on the Market. Because of the ergonomics built into it (again, check the website) You truly feel like the bass is a part of you when you play...very light, very easy to play. I've said enough: look at the pictures. Its a better bass than most of us deserve! (just kidding) 2000.00 shipped Conus w/ a Hardcase. I take PayPal. Might be interested in high end trades..I dunno...show me what you got....

Oh yeah....I will accept reasonable offers...but save the lowballing...I'm not hurting for cash and don't mind at all if it doesn't sell.

P1040869.
    P1040871.
    P1040874.
    P1040876.
    P1040877.
    P1040879.
    P1040880.
    P1040883.
    P1040884.

2. BIGBEE

BIGBEE

May 27, 2006
    you`ll be sorry! free bumpage for a great bass, i know i have one.:D:D:D

3. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I wish this were a five string! You ought to PM Climb, he's looking for Sukops. By the way, yours is pretty old, so the price is a bit high. The newer ones have different bridges and 5-piece necks.

4. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    I definitely will send him a PM. I guess the price may be a little up there....goes to show you how fast I want to sell it (not).

I guess I set the price there for 2 reasons...

1-To discourage lowballers....I mean, I don't want someone offering me 700.00 bucks

2- to attract a different clientile of trade value. I mean, I would ad money on my end for certain Sadowsky's NYC, a Fodera Empire, and MTD usa...you get the drift. That's strictly open to negotiations. The price is a ballpark figure.

5. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Sweet bass, but I'm all set with my current stable of Sukops (I've got 3 and my have to sell one or two of them as well...).

Fantastic basses. Good luck w/the sale!

6. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Does it have a push/pull for active/passive? Gorgeous bass.

7. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks!

No push-pull for the active pre...its set up for separate Boost and Cut for the treble and bass. Allows you to get a vast array of sounds.

From the Bridge pickup its set up: Vol./ Blend/ Treble Boost Cut/Bass Boost Cut.

-John

8. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Through some offers my way...interested in 4 string but might do a deal for the right 5 string. Hit me up.

9. I'm almost certain that this is the Sukop i used to own. Did you buy it new?

10. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    I am the second owner, to my knowledge....bought it from a gent in Astoria, Queens, who was getting married and needed cash... he was a drummer...:D....long story. Is that you?

If you are the original owner, maybe its time to reunite with a former love;)

-John

11. Ah, nah then it's not my bass, I bought mine from a dealer on Long Island. I've owned alot of basses and if you read my profile I list this one and a few others because they were my favorites. Everything you said to describe the instrument is true. I wish i could swing buying another right now, but I can't. Thanks for the response and good luck.

12. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Any chance the dealer was Guitar Asylum out in Suffolk County?

13. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Wow, I dug out the old emails from the original owner on this one. I bought this bass in 2002...the original buyer supplied me with this info.

Year of Bulid- 1994
    Built in Eastern Pennsylvania (before Sukop's move to New Mexico)
    Purchased from Rudy's Music on 48th St. NYC
    Scale-34"
    Weight- 7.5 lbs
    Width at nut -1 9/16"
    Pickups- 2 custom Bartolini's
    Preamp- Bartolini NTBT, 9volt

The original owner was a drummer who thought he would learn to play bass. He really thought by having the best equipment, it would help him play better and stay focused. Needless to say, he did not stick with it and that's when I picked the bass up from him. When I purchased it, I remember the guy was getting married and was just looking for some money for his wedding. He said that over the years that he had the bass, he took it out of the case maybe 15 times. The condition of the bass was beautiful when I picked it up. Since then, like I said, it's not getting the attention it deserves. Someone needs to play this thing.

14. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Forgot to mention...lowered the price...but the price is negotiable, especially where trades are concerned!

15. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    bumpski

16. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    A shot at what the bass looks like in action. It always helps in determining size. One of the few times I gigged this...

DSC01862.

DSC01868.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.