1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT SURINE QUEST VII NT 7 STRING FRETLESS KOA - RARE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hot Pocket, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SB_ProductProfile_QNTVII_0735FLMedcopy. hawaiian. :hyper:Here is a rare bird and super cool. A 7 string fretless. This is the VERY bass featured on the Surine Website and on the one sheet that is attached to this add. 7 piece neck!!!!! It has the coveted Koa upgrade (A $200 addition). Mahogany core. 35" scale. Ebony Board, Bartolinis with 3 band. Black Gotoh hardware. Comes with a gig bag. This bass was almost $7K new. It has a few dings and one scuff on the side near the jack but is a solid 8.8 on a 1-10 scale. It plays and sounds fantastic and is probably the only KOA bass of its kind in existence.

hawaiian.

7BACK.

7HEAD.
    REDUCED $2895 OR BEST OFFER.

2. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    SE MA USA
    Very nice... So, how much money would you like for it? I think I can afford, like, $140 right now...

3. I don't have the $$, but that is the first 7 I have genuinely GASsed over!

GLWTS!

4. This one is just so amazing I may well end up keeping it. I didn't expect to take to a 7 but after employing Todd Johnson's floating thumb technique I find muting to be way easier than I expected. Still, I have quite a few basses, so (at least for now) this one remains available but it is rapidly growing on me I must say. Trades or cash offers? BUMP

5. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Did you list a price? The moderators will pull the thread if the sale price isn't posted. :)

6. Gah!

7. HP, You are really taking the cake with these awesome basses you are offering.

I slammed a bit on an Surine 5 recently. Great basses with incredible attention to detail.

It's hard to resist that chunk of ebony. I just keep staring at it like a puppy at a bone..ha ha. This one is really a looker.

Cheers.

8. Coming from you that is a real endorsement, Kevin. You playing is outstanding and your intonation spot on. You are an inspiration. BUMP!

9. Arrrrggghhhhh!

(bump)

10. Please don't FRET FretFree. Make me an offer! I can layaway until Christmas!!!!!

11. eubassix

eubassix Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    noticed this up on ebay - is this a private sale or a shop?

12. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Good Lord, I can barely play a 6er fretless, GLWTS.

Although, the F might be cool to have:D

13. Todd Johnsons floating thumb technique has made me confident that I can play a 23 string (well OK maybe just a 19 string) while successfully muting. You should check out his video on youtube.

14. eubassix

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    ?

15. I am not a shop, just a private collector. Liquidating most of my collection now that I discovered MTD and Ken Smith.

16. eubassix

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    OK/thanks - just seemed a bit odd for an individual to be selling 7 basses, 5 guitars, 3 drum-kits and an amp with a combined BIN of >$50,000 ... must be, or have been, quite a collection !

17. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Can you repost pics? The original ones aren't there. Also, scale length and bridge spacing?

18. 35" scale. Not sure how to post string spacing but I will get the spec. It is the very same bass featured o the Surine site for this model. Let me look into the pics and will repost the link. Thanks.

19. Are you kidding me? This is still here?

20. Randyt

Randyt RAAPT Custom Wood Productions

Jul 21, 2010
    Barrie, Canada
    Totally killer bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.