1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: SWR Electric Blue reference amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mindwell, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindwell

mindwell

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    A minor classic from the early era of SWR that has stood the test of time. Great clean, dry sound, very flexible, works great for electric as well as for upright. It's been mine for eight years of gigging, and it mostly has lived in a rack as the front end of a big rig.

Cosmetics are decent. One plastic corner is missing, another one is cracked, and there three small holes drilled in the underside of the amp to secure it to a rack shelf. Also, the original plug was replaced with a new three-prong. Otherwise, it's in nice shape. Got some sweet rat fur! These big, detailed pictures tell the story. Dig that pretty blue faceplate!

Price is $325, and I'll pay the first $25 of shipping. Anything over that will be the buyer's responsibility. European transactions will incur a bit of extra headache money on my part. Paypal preferred for ease and peace of mind. *ONLY* possible trade bait: Alembic F-1X or F-2B.

For those who need the details, they are as follows:

*Tube preamp with 12ax7
    *Two inputs, one passive, one passive/active
    *120 watts at 8 ohms, 160 watts at 4 ohms.
    *Bypassable, semi-parametric EQ, bass, mid, and treble.
    *Blendable/bypassable effects loop
    *Balanced and unbalanced outputs
    *Adjustable XLR output with pad
    *Tuner out
    *Includes lockable rack rid and strap handle

And here's the SWR blurbs. Got questions? I may have answers.

2. mindwell

mindwell

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    WOMP-BUMP-A-LOOM-OP-A-WOMP-BUMP-BOOM

3. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    payment sent....!
    thanks chris!

4. mindwell

mindwell

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    You heard the man. This sweet amp is SOLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.