Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: SWR SM400-s trade for power amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cosmicevan, Mar 4, 2006.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Hey now,
    i've got an swr SM400-s that i'd like to trade for a power amp. i'd consider selling it...feel free to make an offer.

its a great head, but i have a demeter preamp that i'd like to use as my main rig instead.

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Got any pics?

What kind of shape is it in?

:D

Joe.

3. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    its in perfect working order and great shape cosmetically. if you really want a picture, i'll post some, but basically it looks just like the SWR SM400-s...there is some light wear on it, but there really aren't any cosmetic dings that would distinguish it from other pictures of this amp.

do you have a power amp to trade or are you looking to buy this?

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I'm just looking to see what it is you have for sale.

I know what an SM-400S looks like. I used to own an SM-400. If I just wanted to see what one looked like I could look at one of my own pics or look it up on the internet.

Yes, I have power amps. You may or may not be interested in any of them.

No, I am not making a commitment to buy your amp.

Got any pics?

:D

Joe.

p.s. Dang, that sure sounded snotty, didn't it? :)

5. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Lowtonejoe, no worries. i've got pix for ya now. please let me know if you are interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    :bag: still looking for a power amp. i'm looking for something to boost my Demeter VTBP-201s through to go into my EA CXL 112 cab.

any thoughts on what would bring out the best in those 2 pieces?

7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    looks like no one is up for a trade, so anyone wanna buy this and then i'll buy a poweramp? shoot me an offer...

i'm still up for a poweramp trade!!!

8. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

PM sent:eyebrow:

9. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Trade? PM Sent

10. Is this still available? PM Sent

11. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    this is still available. thanks for the overwhelming response. this weekend i'm planning on bringing my demeter pre out to 48th street (NYC) to check out an array of poweramps to see what meets my needs best. i'll keep you guys all posted, and please keep the trade/purchase offers coming. i'll be making a decision really soon.

12. What are looking for as far as a price?

13. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    my bad...i should've posted after the swap happened this weekend. this was traded for a stewart world 1.2 with a fellow TB'er.