1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Tobias Basic 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nillawaffa, May 25, 2011.

1. Tobias Basic 5 w/OHSC

-Neck-Thru body construction with 5 piece maple neck with dual truss rod support. This neck is solid and stays in tune for literally weeks.
    -Solid Swamp Ash body wings with Bubinga stringers that go down the neck.
    -Wenge Board 24 frets
    -Handrubbed oil finish
    -Weight: 9.5 lbs on the digital bathroom scale
    -Bartolini Humbucking Pickups
    -18 volt NTMB Bartolini preamp with 3 band EQ that can output up to +/- 16 dB.
    -Variable Mid-Frequency Selection where you can choose which frequency the mid pot will be set at. This switch is a 3 way mini toggle switch that cuts or boosts 250Hz, 500Hz, or 50Hz.
    -"Tonal Contour" Switch which is activated using a push/pull volume pot and by pulling up on it, the contour module is activated. When activated, slapping sounds amazing!
    -Comes with original hard shell case
    -Came with a truss rod tool and strap locks that I never used, so they're yours now!
    -The only "blemish" (which is just a little bit of wear through the finish) on this bass is right above the neck pickup where I rest my thumb. I took a picture, but it's really hard to see.
    -This bass was $3000 when I bought it back in 2005. Asking $1700.

IMAG0150.
    IMAG0151.
    IMAG0152.
    IMAG0153. This is the blemish above the neck pickup. Hardly noticable.
    IMAG0154.
    IMAG0155.
    IMAG0156.

Let me know if you want any more specific photos.

2. CD release show day (for my band) bump!

3. Bump. Entertaining any and all trades now. No cash added necessary.

4. Bump

5. Price drop to $1700! Happy Memorial Day.

6. Bump.

7. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I built this bass. Although I have nothing positive to say about the company I worked for while building it I can say that I remember this bass and it was a killer player. (I love Ash body basses and we built very few while I was there.)

Bump for a great bass.

8. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

PM's sent

9. Thanks man! It's cool to hear from the guy that built my bass. You did great work. I played about 20 Tobias basics before I picked this one up. I almost gave up on the Gibson era Tobias until I played this one. It was light night and day compared to the other ones I played.

All pm's replied.

10. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Thank you. We did the best we could with what we had. I wasn't happy with everything we sent out but there wasn't much I could do about it. I was happy doing the work and to see what a genius Mike Tobias is.

Good luck with the sale.

11. Hold pending payment.

12. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

Pm's sent again

13. ialma

ialma

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    beautiful basses. I hope I'll never be forced to sell my basic pre gibson. free bump for you!

14. All pm's replied to, and this baby is back up on the market until payment is actually received for a buyer :)

15. Heading to Wyoming bump.

16. drgroove111

drgroove111

Jul 19, 2010
    would you consider a trade? I have a custom Csampellone listed on TB .....looking to swap.....

17. Not really what I'm looking for, but that thing is purdy!

Also, I really need to move this thing, so price drop to $1500! I'll fix the price on the post tonight when I get to a real computer.

18. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Any sound clips available?

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

19. Yes sir! Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but all the songs currently on our reverbnation account were recorded with the Tobias. I don't have any of just the bass, but I could record some if you are interested.

Follow this link http://www.reverbnation.com/thealanbairdproject

20. Sold!