1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Trace Elliot GP7SM 200

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Lynwood James, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale or for trade I have my Trace Elliot GP7SM 200 head. This was the generation that came in a matte black case, rather than in green carpeting. I've owned this cab basically since I started playing shows, paired both with a SWR Workingman's 210T and later the matching Trace Elliot 1048H cab. The only reason that I'm letting this go is that I decided a little while ago that I was ready for change and got a GK head, and this amp hasn't really been played since, other than a quick plug in to make sure that it was still working flawlessly.

Cosmetically this guy is in great shape, better than any other GP7SM amp I've seen (not that I've seen lots). It has a great XLR out, which I used plenty for plugging into the PA when 200w (400w peak) wasn't enough. Over my time with the amp I've seen many people mistakenly interpret the 200w as the 8ohm power...the back of the amp is kind of confusing...but I'm 99% sure that 200w is at 4ohms. This does have two speaker outs so you can bi-amp for a 210/115 setup. As everyone knows, these guys were rated somewhat conservatively as far as power and this definitely sounds a lot louder than it is. Paired with the matching Trace 410, which was rated 300w@8ohm, the match was just about perfect, definitely getting the buttery Trace tone. While I happen to like 10's, I'm sure this thing would be a great match for a single 15". The fan on the back is very quiet and this is definitely the kind of amp you could record with.

My asking price is $180 plus actual shipping in the CONUS only, Paypal preferred. I'm kinda leaning toward an outright sale, but as far as trades I'm mainly looking for effects, especially a good overdrive or a superfuzz-type fuzz (not muff-fuzzes) or gated fuzz. I'll also consider other out-there effects as well, make me an offer!

Pics:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. bump

3. another bump. make me an offer!

4. bump. I'll leave this on for another few days but then it's off to the 'Bay!

5. PM'd

6. Interested in a BBE Bmax Pre?

H

7. pm'd

H

8. Sold to HEADLE. Thanks for the offers everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.