1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT TRACE ELLIOT T-BASS (rare model)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by waag56, Sep 14, 2008.

1. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    I'm considering selling my very rare T-2. Only about ten made according to Rob Green from Status. I bought it because I love T-basses. The problem is this is my only 4 string and as much as I want to enjoy this bass I just can't get into it and its never been gigged by me. I collect Status basses and have been playing just fives for the past couple of years. This bass unlike a Trace Elliot t-bass which is a jazz style, is more of a p -bass body with a chrome control strip like a telecaster. It does have the same neck as a t-bass with the twisted head stock and zero fret. it has p-bass style magnetic split pick ups and a piezo bridge pick up. It has two inputs one for the magnetic and the other for the mag/piezo blend and has had flats on it since I bought it. Looks, sounds and plays great. It has a couple of nicks that the former owner carefully painted over with the matching butterscotch paint. I would be interested in a trade for a 5 string of equal value. It did come with the price sheet from 1997 and sold for $2399.00. I know t-basses are getting harder to come by and it seems owners are holding onto them. Interesting trades considered or first $1500.00 firm plus true shipping costs from 01020 takes it.
    thanks Ken
    western ma.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/waag56/T2bass.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/waag56/tbass22.jpg

2. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    bumppppppppppppp

3. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    BUMP

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Wow. That is super cool-looking.

5. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    I think so too. I thought it would sell or trade off pretty fast but haven't had an offer yet.

6. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    You might want to modify your thread to specify that this T-Bass is a P bass than a jazz. It is a cool looking and , I'm sure, sounding bass.

7. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    The first thread had that in the title heading, doesn't seem to make a difference.

8. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    bump

9. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    b u m p

10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    wow that is a crazy rare T-Bass... I have seen a handful of T-basses, but never one like this. Any bigger pix of it?

11. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    sure but give me a few days to borrow a camera. Both of mine are down for the count. Those posted pics. are from the guys ad that sold it to me.

12. knuppe

knuppe

Oct 25, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Waking up an old thread here... Still for sale? :D

13. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Cripes! the way back machine! :eek: