1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Two loaded bodies and a rare Moses graphite neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    These are all tentative, but I have two sweet loaded bodies and a very interesting neck possibly for sale. I'd prefer to sell everything as it is, without parting out pickups, bridges, etc.

BODY 1
    USA Custom Guitars natural ash Jazz style body with satin finish. Loaded with two Bartolini J pickups, a USA Fender Deluxe preamp, and a Badass II bridge. Awesome grain on the body. A few minor flaws including a couple very small soldering iron burns, a little wear around the pickups, scratches and dings, but overall in very nice shape. Natural satin finishes like this one really hide wear and tear pretty well. The neck in the pictures is not for sale. $395 o.b.o. shipped U.S. lower 48.

PICS OF BODY 1
    More%20bass%20parts%20001.
    More%20bass%20parts%20002.
    More%20bass%20parts%20003.
    More%20bass%20parts%20004.

BODY 2- SOLD
    Just received this from TB user Burlington but then decided I didn't need it. The only change I made was that I took off the Gotoh 201 bridge and replaced it with a Badass II. The body is of unknown origin but is probably a Mexican Fender. Pickguard is a made of cool-looking black carbon fiber. The neck pickup is a USA Fender Precision. The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan Basslines style humbucker. Fender Precision Deluxe preamp. Obviously the bridge pickup rout is too big for the pickup, but if you go to http://www.fretsonthenet.com, Dave will make you a custom plastic pickup ring for about $20+shipping. That's what I planned on doing. Pretty clean shape overall, a few small paint chips and some minor scratches. Important: this body MAY need modification to fit a Fender neck. I tried it on a Moses graphite neck and a Warmoth neck, and the top two mounting holes on the body were a hair too low in both cases. I know the previous owner had a Fender JP-90 neck on it. So just be prepared, you may need to fill and re-drill. With that in mind it's fairly cheap, given the good condition and quality pickups/bridge. $185 o.b.o. shipped U.S. lower 48.

PICS OF BODY 2
    More%20bass%20parts%20005.
    More%20bass%20parts%20006.
    More%20bass%20parts%20007.
    More%20bass%20parts%20008.

MOSES GRAPHITE NECK - SOLD
    Should fit a Fender-dimensioned body. I believe it is a J style based on the ~1.5 inch nut width. This neck is very unique in that it features a wood fretboard - birch to be exact, which has been dyed black-looks really cool. Includes Schaller tuners, string tree, Ibanez neck plate and special Moses neck-mount machine screws. Excellent shape. $375 o.b.o. shipped U.S. lower 48.

PICS OF MOSES GRAPHITE NECK
    More%20bass%20parts%20009.
    More%20bass%20parts%20010.
    More%20bass%20parts%20011.
    More%20bass%20parts%20012.
    More%20bass%20parts%20013.
    More%20bass%20parts%20014.

TRADE BAIT

Cash is my primary objective (isn't it always? :meh:) but I'm updating my trade bait list. I no longer need a 5-string - just bought an awesome Sage which is on its way to me. I *may* need a preamp - prefer something like a Glockenlang or Delano or something I haven't already tried (I'm familiar with Audere and Aguilar already). Must have at least 5 knobs - prefer 5 knobs plus a switch or two actually.

Will still entertain trades for a P/J body - prefer natural ash or butterscotch blond - must fit a Warmoth neck.. prefer loaded bodies. Or a good deal on a whole bass fitting this description where I could re-sell the neck.

Will also consider:

-G&L L2000 with heavily-figured birdseye maple neck AND fretboard, OR macassar ebony fretboard.

-I'm a sucker for anything with exotic woods, ESPECIALLY heavily[.U]-figured birdseye maple, macassar ebony, nicely-grained pau ferro, bubinga, bloodwood, purpleheart, etc etc.

-Run literally anything by me, the worst I can say is "no thanks."

All cash prices are O.B.O. International sales are OK but you will pay actual shipping costs to your address and I will not make any special arrangements to avoid customs fees, duties, etc. I reserve the right to pull any of these items off the market at any time.

2. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Rather lengthy PM sent.

3. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    nice grain on the jazz bass!

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    That J used to be mine, way back there. IIRC it was a one piece and rang like a bell. I remember that bass real fondly. It had a great J neck on it when I sold it. The body looks pretty much like it did back then from what I see.

5. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Question - does the neck being sold fit both/either of those bodies?

6. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Thanks guys.

To answer your question, ric stave, yes and no.

I realized recently that the black body does NOT fit either neck. I added a caveat to the original post above. The black body, according to the previous owner, was mated with a Fender JP-90 neck, so I don't know if those are different than "standard" Fender dimensions, but when I attempted to pair it with the Moses graphite neck that is for sale, and the Warmoth Brazilian rosewood neck (not for sale) in the above pictures, it did not work in either case. The top two mounting holes on the black body appear to be every so slightly too low. They would likely need to be filled and re-drilled.

The Moses graphite neck DOES fit the USACG body, like a glove, and looks quite nice with it! I just put it together and snapped a few pics so you could see. Take a look. The fretboard grain follows the same pattern as the body grain - pretty cool :D

Ash%20body%20with%20graphite%20neck%20001.
    Ash%20body%20with%20graphite%20neck%20002.
    Ash%20body%20with%20graphite%20neck%20003.
    Ash%20body%20with%20graphite%20neck%20006.
    Ash%20body%20with%20graphite%20neck%20007.

7. notrt

notrt

Jun 29, 2004
    ...so do get back to me and thanks!

RC

8. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    My love for the carbon really makes me smile for that neck and the black bass's pickguard. AWESOME!!!

9. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    LOVE that ash body. I'm a sucker for natural ash like that, especially rear-routed like that.

10. bommer

bommer

May 13, 2009
    Canada, Eh!
    any deal if buying the body and neck together? if so, pm me

11. If I can move the pedals in my sig, that P-bass body will be mine. I want it sooooo bad.

12. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    It irks me how badly I want that body and neck.

13. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sorry, man :( You had some extremely tempting trade offers just not quite what I need at the moment.

14. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    LOTS of nibbles on the ash body and graphite neck but no bites yet. Please e-mail me if you are interested or have questions.

Cash is my primary objective (isn't it always? :meh:) but I'm updating my trade bait list. I no longer need a 5-string - just bought an awesome Sage which is on its way to me. I *may* need a preamp - prefer something like a Glockenlang or Delano or something I haven't already tried (I'm familiar with Audere and Aguilar already). Must have at least 5 knobs - prefer 5 knobs plus a switch or two actually.

Will still entertain trades for a P/J body - prefer natural ash or butterscotch blond - must fit a Warmoth neck.. prefer loaded bodies. Or a good deal on a whole bass fitting this description where I could re-sell the neck.

15. Where in God's name did you get that cool-assed graphite(?) p/guard?!?!?! Sooo friggin' cool! How much was it,where did you get it?????
    And,the grain on the Moses neck!! (one word).....WHEW!!!!

16. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I'm not sure, the guy I got it from here on TB got it from someone else, who probably got it from someone else... so I don't know where it came from. It's pretty neat - but the black body, including the pickguard, already sold.

Yeah I know - I really wish I could justify keeping this neck, but I just bought two basses in the last week.... :help:

17. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sunday bump.

18. Any cab interest?

19. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sorry - covered as far as cabs go.

At this point I have just about everything I need - so I'm really only looking for cash. Unless you happen to have a 5-knob, 1 switch Delano, or similar, preamp.

Moses neck just sold.

USACG ash body still available.

20. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.