1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: USA G&L L-2000 in Flip-Flop cobalt/green finish!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Warpeg, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I also have two other basses for trade here on TB. I would also accept trade offers that involve one or both of these basses.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291646

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291637

I am not sure of the year, but I'm pretty sure that it is late 90's-early 00's. The original black finish has been professionally refinished to a cool flip-flop green metallic/cobalt metallic finish (poly finish). It has the Jazz-style neck on it and is held on by six screws (not the old three-screw system). Other than the refinish and the added strap locks, everything is original. The electronics are great: it goes from active to passive to active with high boost, parallel to series, and humbucker selection. The neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard. I do not know what the body is made of, but I can assume that it's probably alder or maybe ash. The neck is set perfectly. Like the Warwick, the Elixir strings sit nice and low, no fret buzz/dead frets, and straight as an arrow. As for tone, it's one of the most versatile instruments that I have used. It can go from Fender to MusicMan to G&L and everything else I can think of. This bass has never been gigged out. Being that the new finish is only four months old, the finish only has minimal dings; they are not noticeable. An SKB hard case comes with this bass.

I am looking to trade for AMERICAN MADE and EUROPEAN MADE basses only. Again, I have two other basses available for trade here on TB; they can also be included in the deal. If someone wants to buy this bass, I am asking $550. I'm GASing for a new Warwick; if you have one, offer it! :)

This finish is hard to photograph and I am not a photographer. These photos come pretty close to doing it justice, though.

DCP_15-1.

DCP_13-1.

000_0014.

000_0015.

000_0016.

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    PM Sent

3. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Did you PM Major Metal about your G&L? cool color.

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Thanks for the head's up. PM replied to, both are still available.

5. i doubt you'd be interested but pm sent

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Wedneday bump.

7. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Sold!

Thread Status: