1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: USA G&L L-2000, three-tone sunburst, #8 neck, single coil option

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GassieBall, Apr 26, 2009.

1. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    This bass is not getting any love. I am slowly realizing that I like passive basses. (Or perhaps I am getting old and vintage-y :)) This thing also has so many tonal options that I get confused. I'm pretty much a set it and leave it guy.

This is a almost mint G&L three-tone sunburst USA G&L L-2000 with a #8 neck and the single coil option. It weighs 9 lbs on my bathroom scale. It has no issues that I can find. It still has the plastic wrap covering on the control plate. The only reason I can't say mint is because of the extremely fine swirl from playing in my basement, never out. Any weirdness you see in the pix is reflection artifact. Comes with G&L hardshell case.

For trades, I'm interested in 4 string Lakland DJ's or JO's that are in similar condition and less than 9 lbs. (No blue, please.)

The only Fender I'd be interested in is a Geddy Lee in good condition, also less than 9 lbs.

For sale, SOLD + shipping, CONUS, Paypal (no international)

Unfortunately, I often work late hours in a hospital, so please be patient with my ability to get to the UPS store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. klyph

klyph

Mar 28, 2009
    SE MA USA
    Beautiful Bass! But I believe that finish is called "tobacco burst". I have two honeybursts, and was excited when I saw the header! But honey burst is very pale yellow in the middle, and what on your bass is the middle color is the edge of a honey burst. Nice, though.

3. redrider

redrider

Jun 6, 2007
    Beautiful bass, however, the color is not Honey burst or Tobacco burst. That is according to the G&L site an example of Three tone sunburst.

4. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    +1

One of the best Sunburst I've seen (other than my JB-2!)--and I don't particularly like Sunbursts.

I love the single coil option my L2K BABP LE--wish my regular L2K had it.

Somebody should buy this so I would keep from looking at it!

5. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Hey, thanks guys for the correction. I slipped. Must have been thinking about my Sterling. Clearly, it has the darker tobacco color tone to it. But thanks for the bumpage and hopefully the pix can speak for themselves :)

I think redrider is correct, though that it's just called three tone sunburst. Craigb (my G&L guru) pointed that out to me, but I forgot to note it.

6. of course additional money would go ur way :)

7. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm definitely looking for jazz-type basses or a sale.

8. well could you please answer my first post and tell me how flat the radius is and the width of a #8 neck

9. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Oops, sorry, I got caught up in looking at your P-Bass.

According to http://www.glguitars.com/ under the options tab, a #8 neck is 1.5" at the nut with a 12" radius.

10. bassdrummer

bassdrummer Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Visalia, California
    What's the "single coil option?" I've owned a USA L2k and and L2500 trib, so I'm very familiar with the G&L onboard electronics, but I'm curious about this single coil thing.

11. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    The single coil option is on the middle toggle switch, which you can change between running the pickups between series, single coil, and parallel. From what I understand, it utilizes only one of the coils in each of the humbuckers. It's really good at doing the single coil jazz sound.

Many people have written about a single coil modification to their L-2000 here, but this bass came with it.

12. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Bump and price drop.

13. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Bump.

14. geodeath

geodeath

Apr 30, 2009
    From what i see on the manufacturers website, it seems the stock radius for an L-2000 is 12". This is an 8". Does this mean that the neck is wider (taller, more space between strings) and fatter? Or the opposite? :)

15. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    George, this is a #8 neck, not 8 inch radius. They designate their necks with different numbers which do not correlate numerically to the radii.

16. geodeath

geodeath

Apr 30, 2009
    just saw it, my bad :)

17. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    On hold pending payment from geodeath. :)

18. geodeath

geodeath

Apr 30, 2009
    and... payment sent :)

19. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    Congrats geodeath! These are one of the best basses I owned. One of my regrets!