1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: USA made 1989 Ampeg SVT-II (non pro)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by seakamp, Oct 3, 2008.

1. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Up for grabs is an early model SVT-II non-pro. It is in perfect working order and in great condition for its age. Loud as hell and sounds amazing. I've blind A/Bed this thing versus countless heads and nothing compares to the feel you get from the massive tube power section. It comes with a rack which will not be in the first set of pictures.

According to the serial number (pictured below), this amp was made in the USA during the 2nd year of production of the SVT-II non pros, 1989. Check out THIS thread to see more detail on dating the head and other general information. I will regret the sale/trade the instant it is out the door but my playing situation, living situation and jobs have changed so my gear must roll with the changes.

$975 shipped (I'm in Chicago so locals can work a deal out here)

Trades:

Eden
    Glockenklang
    Markbass

2909383386_78fce82c33.

2908536489_d40a11f406.

2909384012_925af005f2.

2909384330_9e6a3c4203.

2. oh my dear lord.

i...really..want this

PM

3. why does it look like the serial number was put on at a later date?

just curious

4. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    With assembly line produced amps, a serial # sticker is far more efficient than changing the screen printing stock for each chassis!

5. edited that post i found what i was looking for with a lil change in the computer screen placement.

I play with both active and passive basses, how does this amp handle the active bass? any experience with this?

6. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    I have a Fender Marcus Miller with an Active/passive toggle and had owned a modulus Quantum 5 and Peavey Cirrus 5 in the past. All played great with the head.

7. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    PM sent.

8. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Returned

9. NEW PM to you as well seakamp. I want it

10. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Still available?

11. i dont think he is selling it anymore...as far as the last PM sounded to me. I was very interested but...i dunnos