1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Vintage Ampeg B25B Super Clean!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by joesguitar1129, Feb 25, 2013.

1. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    Here is a killer example of a 1976 Ampeg B-25B. As alot of you know who have bought stuff from me in the past my stuff is for studio use only. Never gigged or beat up. This amp is super clean with new tubes and a fresh service. It was used for a 4 hr recording block. It is 16 ohms. You can use this for guitar, or bass for a super warm clean tone. It will drive pretty good when cranked. I would like to get $600 shipped. I will look at all reasonable offers, but please no lowballers. This amp is super clean. Thanks!

http://s169.beta.photobucket.com/user/joewesolowski/library/Ampeg B25B

2. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Free bump for a killer sounding amp! I own a 1973 B25B.

Joe mentioned it has a 16 ohm output. That is true if you only plug into the "speaker out" jack. There is also a second output jack (called "external out") that is for another 16 ohm cab. But!!!....you can also use just a single 8 ohm cab by itself by inserting a dummy plug (just a 1/4" plug with nothing attached to it) into the regular output jack and plugging the 8 ohm cab into the external out jack. Bingo! That triggers an internal switch that uses the output transformer's 8 ohm tap instead of the 16 ohm tap (just like if you connect two 16 ohm cabs, which is an 8 ohm load). So if all you have is an 8 ohm cab, you are good to go! (or a single 16 ohm cab, or a pair of 16 ohm cabs).

Yummy vintage Ampeg all-tube goodness! And Joe's price point is excellent, especially considering it has new tubes and a fresh service.

Somebody is gonna be tone-happy!

3. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    I was gonna ask more, but I just would like to get out of it what I have in it. Thank you for taking the time to explain all that! Much appreciated.

4. Looks sweet! And I just bought a b25b cab! Hmmm..

5. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    Lol nice cab.. I bet there is a matching head on here somewhere...

6. Haha.. If only I could find where.. If I didn't have so much in the works I'd drop the hammer now on this guy!

7. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    Bump

8. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    Just got the new 2013 vintage guitar price guide. This amp in its condition is said to be worth 725-975 based on its condition.. Lol gonna leave it on here for another few days before hitting eBay.

9. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    Sunday bumpage...

10. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    Please someone buy this so I don't have to deal with eBay!

11. Waiting for someone to buy my 300T.. Don't go to the dark side yet!

12. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Macon, GA
    haha, i've got the opposite problem, i need the cab
    bump for a great deal on a great amp!

13. joesguitar1129

joesguitar1129

Dec 8, 2007
    Watervliet, MI
    Joes Music Exchange
    Thanks fellas!