1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Vintage Ibanez Blazer MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gastric, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    TRADED!! TRADED!! TRADED!!

What you see here is a 1981 Ibanez Blazer bass made in Japan. Serial B812399

I purchased this from the original owner a couple of months ago and to my knowledge everything is 100% original with the exception of the replacement matte pick guard from Jeannie, the non-matching replacement tone knob, and a replacement output jack.

Frets are in usable shape, very slight lifting on some of them but doesn't cause any playability issues and they seem totally stable. See photo "IMG_6485.JPG" for the best macro shot of this that I could manage to snap. Neck appears straight and truss appears to work and currently has a decent setup with the exception of the low E intonation which would require a slightly longer saddle screw to set properly (at least with the strings currently on the bass), but is not not horribly off.

It has a lot of visual battle scars, but nothing serious or grotesque, and nothing unusual for a well played vintage instrument, and certainly nothing that would bother you during play.

For those of you with a neck pocket fetish, this has the tightest pocket of any instrument I've personally owned. Like a glove. :)

New D'Adarrio nickel wounds, good playable setup, deep tone without a lot of high end bite found in most newer instruments.

Will include a cheap gig bag.

SALE: $349 OBO shipped in the US only. TRADED!! TRADED!! TRADED!!

TRADE speaker cab, Ampeg SVP-CL preamp, light weight power amp, rack mount mixer, analog fuzz (Brown Dog, SuperCollider, etc.) and filter effects, isolated multi-pedal power source (Voodoo, etc.), or anything of comparable value.

[​IMG]

2. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Ah.... My first bass was one of these. Great P bass tone; very powerful pickups. Definitely under-rated basses.

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    These are great. I'm selling the body, pickups, bridge, and white pickguard for one of these in the Accessories section.

4. pmcd

pmcd

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    I have an 82' in the same finish. It cured my maple-board-with-rounds P-Bass tone GAS for good. GREAT bass.

5. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    If I didn't just buy 2 basses I'd be all over this.

6. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    TRADED

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.