1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Warmoth 51 P-bass Black and Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Black Bart, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    I'm selling my Warmoth 51 Tele P-Bass that I recently finished. I love it accept for one major thing, the lack of contours on the body. The slab is just not my thing. Everything on this was carefully selected and put together by yours truly, even shielded the body cavities with conductive paint and copper tape, so if you have any questions about the bass, please feel free to ask.

I'm asking [DEL]$950.00[/DEL] [DEL]$900.00[/DEL] [DEL]$800.00[/DEL] $750.00 plus shipping to ConUS in a brand new Black Musician's Gear Deluxe Case. PayPal preferred.

Hit me up with any trade offers as well.

Body:
    Swamp Ash, Poly Finish, SD Quarter Pound SCPB Pickup, CTS 250K Pots, Orange Drop Cap, Cloth Wiring, Babicz FCH Bridge
    Neck:
    Maple, 1.6875" GraphTech Nut, 6150 Frets, 10" Radius, 34" Scale, Hipshot HB6C-1/2 Tuners, 45-105 Fender 7250m Strings, Tru-oil Finish

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Thats HOT!!

3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I'm usually not a fan of stealth-styled basses, by my lord that bass is sexy!

4. Sweet mother of.........holy s@#t!

WANT!

5. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks all. I keep looking at the details, how the poles of the pickup and chrome cams on the bridge align just to give a little highlight in that field of black and the flame of the maple neck. Makes it hard to part with.

6. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    That is an extremely cool bass. Well done, and good luck with the sale.

7. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks!

BTW - Anyone interested should know that the Babicz Full Contact Hardware Bass Bridge makes adjusting intonation and string height a breeze and really does increase sustain despite it being lighter than a BAII or HMV bridge.

8. RickeyC

RickeyC

Jan 17, 2011
    Arkansas
    Im in love.................. :(

9. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Still up for grabs and entertaining cash and trade offers.

In terms of trades, I'm looking for a fretted jazz 4 stringer, black/maple.

10. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Off topic, I guess, but how does the bass sound with the quarter pounder in it? I'm thinking of building a Warmoth '51 myself.

11. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    It's got a much lower end than a standard P, has that low thump.

Back on Topic, but why buy all the parts and go through all the logistic hassle when this one is right here waiting to be owned by someone who wants a Warmoth 51 P?

12. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    It's awesome but not what I'm looking for aesthetically. Thanks for the info and best of luck with the sale!

(bump!)

13. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Can't blame a guy for trying!

14. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    A little out of my price range sadly :atoz: good luck with the sale!

15. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    I know I'm not going to get what I put into it as it's a Warmoth custom build. Heads up for anyone interested and waiting for a further price drop.

This is the final price reduction to $800.00 plus the buyer pays the shipping.

If there are no takers at this point, I do believe I hear the chop shop a callin'

16. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Neck heavy?

17. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Actually no, if I hold it under the top horn the body tilts down towards the floor. It does have the steel stiffening rods, but the neck is not really that heavy. The neck is also remarkably stable and stays in tune well.

18. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Any interest? Not that I can blame anyone, aesthetically might not be their bag and then there are those that are justifiably leery of buying a parts bass put together by just some guy. I can say this about the bass though after I did a complete set up, it plays better than any Squier I've picked up :) and as well as my 2010 MIA P. Last call, if there's no interest after today, it's coming down.

19. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    What's the weight?

Possibly interested. I have another warmoth built by another TBer and wouldn't mind a p-sister.

20. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    I totally dig it. Two factors for me:

1. I'm not really a P bass guy :bawl:

2. More money than I'd want to spend. :bag:

It's a shame as I'm local to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.