1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Warwick Corvette Standard. RARE lined-fretless! PIEZO+EMG+FISHMAN

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Warpeg, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I originally had this bass in another thread with another bass. The other bass is no longer available, so this bass gets its own new thread.

I got this bass a few months ago. Imagine a typical Warwick "growl" with a "mwah" tone to it. It's dark but bright, aggressive but subtle, etc. Here are the kickers: This baby is equiped with Graphtech Ghost ABM Piezo saddles, Fishman Powerchip piezo buffer/preamp, and an active set of EMG J/J's. As an added bonus, it has a Fishman switchjack. This jack allows the bass to work in stereo: EMG pickups on one amp, Piezo pickups on another amp when a "Y" cable is in the jack (think Ric-O-Sound). A normal mono cable will allow the bass to function with both types of pickups in normal mono mode. If there's a fretless tone that this bass cannot do, it probably doesn't exist :smug:.

Specs: lined fretless ebony neck. Bubinga body. Ovangkol neck. EMG neck pickup volume, EMG bridge pickup volume, Graphtech Piezo's master volume, master tone knob. Just-a-nut III. Setup is perfect and low with GHS flats on it. This bass comes with an unknown brand rectangular hard case.

As for trades, I've got a broad range of interests. As long as it has 4 strings and is American or European, I may be interested.

Note: sorry about the glare on the pics and the lens spot (headstock photo). I'm not a photographer. :)

1020047544_8a2525c46c.

1020047556_5c2ce4b98c.

1020047740_1b042c6d12.

I will sell this bass outright for $800 obo + shipping. If bought, I'll ship the bass anywhere. If traded, I'm keeping it in the lower 48 states.

Just to give y'all an idea of what this beast would've gone for new, here's a breakdown:
    1. Warwick Corvette Standard fretless: $1039.00
    2. EMG EMG-J active pickup set: $156.00
    3. Graphtech Ghost ABM piezo saddle set: $119.00
    4. Fishman Powerchip piezo/magnetic buffer/preamp: $79.95
    5. Fishman Switchjack: $15.95
    ...$1409.90 when it was NEW...use this as a reference for trade offers.

2. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    bump

3. Do you have any sound clips of your bass by any chance? I'm really curious as to what it actually sounds like.

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I wish I did. Currently, I have no recording equipment of any kind. I can tell you that it does have many, many very usable tones. Some are your standard, warm, winy fretless tones. Others are very unique, bright, or organic tones.

5. I'm pretty much just looking for the perfect upright tone right now.

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    It's got a tone that's very, very close to an upright. But let's face it, nothing beats an actual upright. :)

7. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    bump

8. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    If I didn't have a big Visa bill this month, I would have jumped all over this. Corvette fretless basses sound great, and this looks to be a very special one!

9. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    It's certainly a one-of-a-kind! I think the only way to make this a more versatile fretless would be to add more strings :)

10. XxBassPlayerxX

XxBassPlayerxX

Mar 25, 2007
    a new corvette is usually like $1300

11. No Warpig got it right. That might be the MSRP though.

12. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Yeah, maybe the Standard Active might go for that much. $1039 seems to be the going rate for this baby new (before modifications) on most sites.

13. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Here's a little update for everyone:

Price drop to $800 + shipping. In addition to 4-string American and European basses, I may also be open to trading for an 8-string bass.

14. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Final bump and then it's off to "you know where."

15. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    ON HOLD/TRADED/SOLD, pending trade with jmb7183.

16. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    gee warp, i didn't know you were "giving" it away :meh: jmb7183 will get a sweet bass :)

17. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

yes...I will... ;)

18. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I've got special plans for jmb's trade..."mwhah-ha-ha" (evil scientist voice). :bassist: