1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Warwick Flashback 5-string, wenge neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by K-Funk, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    It is from the first month and year of production, June 1996. All original!! VERY hard-to-find bass, only about 700 Flashbacks were made, probably less than half of that number of 5-string models. Ash body finished in Burgundy Wine, all-wenge neck, wenge fingerboard, brass JAN-I nut, and the massive 2TEK string-thru-body bridge. All-passive electronics with MEC lipstick-tube pickups. Controls are volume/balance/tone, and the volume knob is a push/pull coil tap for the bridge pickup. Versatile tones, it can sound like a P-Bass, Jaco, or even a Dolphin bass! The neck is sound and the bass is perfectly set up. It is in very good shape with only minor wear; some light lines/wear on the back (nothing through the finish), and a 2-3 very small, white surface marks on the lower horn and bottom edge of the body. It's a cosmetically a 9/10.

The only real issues are some bad wiring and/or a pot. It could even just be as simple as a solder joint. Worst case scenario is a $7 repair, and its all passive so you can easily do it yourself. I'm leaving it as it is because it's still all-original, and I really don't trust myself to work on it.

Comes with a snug-fitting non-original HSC. The bass weighs 8.5 pounds, and I'll be throwing in a black and white Planet Waves 3" nylon tubular strap along with it (and the straploks). It fits the look and feel of the bass PERFECTLY, and makes it super-comfortable to hold.

lotsawickys007.
    fortripics001.
    fortripics002.
    fortripics004.
    fortripics005.
    fortripics006.
    fortripics007.

For a sale, I'd like $900 shipped and insured. The bass is sold as-is, and will need a bit of rewiring/soldering and possibly a new pot. Everything else is beautiful though, so fear not.

With trades, I'm into Fender and Lakland passive 4's, Stingray 4's and 5's, and various Fender or Gibson guitars. Other ideas? I'm all ears. Thanks for looking! BTW, with Fenders I'm only into MIJ and MIA instruments, and no basswood bodies, please!

2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    hey what's the width of the nut on this baby? I've been eyeing it for what seems like forever. Already got a Flashback but the neck might just make this THE fiver for me. let me know.

and i should just go ahead and ask you - how does the neck compare to your other fortress 5's?

edit: or your thumb 5, for that matter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.