1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Warwick FNA 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SMG, Mar 13, 2010.

1. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    1998 Warwick Corvette FNA (Flame maple 'n' Ash) 5 string. Plays and sounds great...like a Warwick should. Since it is a 1998, it has the wenge neck and fingerboard. Gold hardware. Single MEC humbucker. This is from the period when the FNA's came stock with a Duncan preamp rather then an MEC one. Controls are vol, pan, treble, bass with a push/pull frequency switch on the volume pot.

There are three small wholes in the top where someone before me must have put a thumb rest. The holes are filled in and touched up with a green that is close to, but not an exact match to the Warwick green. The two holes that are closest together have some scratches around them that you can only see if you look really close. I tried to get these in a photo, but they wouldn't show up.

This bass is quite light weight compared to most Warwicks I have picked up.

I didn't a case or bag with this one, but am willing to through in a generic bag.

I will start this one at $700, though may take a trade of something really tickles me.

SOLD

2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    more pics, including thumbrest holes (filled) in top...

3. These are ripping basses- I think the middle knob is midrange & the push/pull volume engages a *slap circuit* w/deep/boosted bass, cut mids & slightly boosted treble.

4. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Duh....you are right! No pan on a single pickup bass. Stupid me.

Correction on original post: Knobs are Vol, Treble, Mid, Bass with a push/pull contour on the volume.

5. Nice price, too. :cool:

6. dls59

dls59 Supporting Member

What's the scale length?

7. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    34"

8. dls59

dls59 Supporting Member

PM'd

9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

awesome instrument. this was my first REAL bass. i'd venture to say that this one is pre 98 since this model was discontinued in the early 90's if memory serves correctly. it is actually a corvette fna. the push/pull is a slap contour. really fantastic bass.

10. dostavkausa

dostavkausa Snowflake, AZ

Nov 8, 2009
    Snowflake,AZ
    I am interested in this Bass please send me an invoice to my PayPal ID
    zakaz123@hotmail.com
    Thanks,
    Stan
    (928)457-0214

11. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    I believe (but may be wrong) that the first two numbers on Warwick serial numbers are year made...if so, this is a '98.

12. dostavkausa

dostavkausa Snowflake, AZ

Nov 8, 2009
    Snowflake,AZ
    The payment for FS/FT: Warwick FNA 5 has been sent, please check you PayPal account.
    Thanks,
    Stan

13. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    It's the Last 2 numbers. The 1st character is a Letter, which denotes the Month, and the last 2 numbers are the year. I have a '98 FNA, and had a Y2K FNA, which I think was the last year they were made. Anyone got an '01 FineNiceAxe?

Anyways, Congrats on your $ale!

14. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    I am corrected again....last two numbers are year. In this case, the bass in question is a 1998.

15. trujo777

trujo777 Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    so this is gone?

16. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Deal has been agreed upon...

17. trujo777

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    cool!! I have the MEC pickups and elecs (brand new) from and FNA Jazzman and this would be a perfect add on to this bass and make it a keeper. ;)
    congrats to the new owner.

18. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Hey Trujo,

Yeah, I just picked up one of these, and they are Great! I added a Dropped D-Tuner, and it's the only bass I need for "Musik Mit der Moderne Beat!", as my German friend calls Post-Nirvana Grunge. (Saliva, GodSmack, Breaking Benjamen, etc...) I thought about how the Extra Jazz pup would be, and I'm not sure it's needed. A Coil Tap might be an option to investigate though!

Congrats again SMG.

19. trujo777

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    I have had 2 FNA Jazzmans. One fretless and one fretted. They are awesome. I have never tried an older FNA without the Jazz pup. I had to let go the Jazzmans due to financial struggles and I regret selling them. they are awesome.
    a friend had a Pnut and he took out the elecs and pick ups as soon as he purchased it. he sold them to me (reason for me having this new set). I have always puzzled where I wil install them on and an FNA and make it a Jazz I though could be a good idea.

I got and FNA Jazz LTD 2004 and it is awesome but it is a 4 stringer. The only bass I would trade that would be for a LTD 2004 5er.

congrats to the new owner again :)
    sorry for hijacking your thread :(

20. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I hope such a thing doesn't happen to this FNA. Those earlier models with the factory installed Seymour Duncan electronics are far better sounding than the MEC stuff.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020