Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Warwick Fortress One 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JoshB, Feb 13, 2006.

1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I got this bass in trade from mattm0805 awhile back, but I'm going on tour in a couple of months and am looking for something a bit different from this guy to take with me.

Specs on this bass are as follows...

It has a maple body, wenge neck and fingerboard. MEC jazz pickups.

Brass Nut
    Serial #: D03031696

It has some normal wear above the B string (where your thumb sits) and under the G string (where your fingers sit if you play with your thumb), It also has a some nicks, and dings by the jack on the bottom, and a few in other various places ."

It's an active/passive setup with the following controls, volume (push/pull for active/passive), blend, bass (boost/cut), treble (boost/cut). It also has built in straplocks.

It's exactly the same as when I got it. I've played it at church twice and while sitting on my couch at home a few hours. It sounds GREAT! Lots of that classic warwick growl with a nice high end as well, something I haven't really had before with other Warwicks I've owned.

It plays very well and the neck is a bit slimmer from front to back than the thumb I had which is fairly comfortable to play. It balances extremely well, no neck dive. The only thing "wrong" with the bass is that before Matt shipped it to me, one of the knobs fell off the bass and got lost. Matt ordered a fresh set of knobs for it and had them shipped to me. They STILL haven't arrived but he assures me he's on it.

I'm mainly looking for trades on this guy, but will also sell for $775 shipped. This bass will come with a warwick gigbag as well as a fairly nice d'addario strap with the straplock ends on it.

Run any trades be me. I'm pretty open as far as trades...jazzes, a nice P, lakland 4's and 5's, a Rick, sterlings, bongos, stingrays (4 or 5), spectors. I've realy been gassing for a Geddy Lee jazz lately. Pictures are posted at the following link.

http://www.redletter7.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7

2. Can you send the bass in Europe-Germany?

3. JoshB

Sorry...I forgot to add that I only ship within the US. Thanks for the interest.

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
  5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This is a great bass. I almost traded my jazz deluxe for it, but I just couldn't use the low B as much as I thought I would. This thing is a great bass, and it's an all wenge neck. Fantastic warwick sound.

6. JoshB

Thanks for the bump Trev...the bass is now on hold.

7. JoshB

back on the market...trade deal fell through...price drop to $650...

8. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    dude, if i just had the money, im just 100 short

9. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  10. JoshB

aaaaand...traded.