1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Washburn AB-35 Unlined Fretless 5 ABG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    This is a pretty cool used Washburn that I picked up in a recent trade. It's actually quite well made and it sounds great. Real nice fretless acoustic tone. As most of us know these aren't the loudest beasts "unplugged" but they are great for quiet practice and when you plug it in, well it really sings!

This one is in very good shape overall. There are a few marks on the body and a little wear on the edge of the board. It could probably stand to have the saddle lowered a bit but it's totally playable as it is.

One thing I have noticed is that many of the ABGs with under saddle piezo elements don't have even response (volume) from each string. This one really does have the same output level on all 5 strings which is very nice and kind of unusual.

I'm just not in a situation right now where I'm likely to be playing this so I'm offering it up for sale or trade.

SOLD! [DEL]Asking only $495.00 shipped and insured in the CONUS.[/DEL]

It will ship in it's very nice original HSC which is also in great shape!

There is one of these currently on Ebay with a starting price of $575.00 plus shipping. You can pick this one up for a lot less!

Very cool bass for anyone wanting to try an unlined fretless board because there are dot markers at each fret position all the way up the neck which makes it much easier to keep proper intonation.

100_4144.
    100_4145.
    100_4150.
    100_4154.
    100_4163.
    100_4158.
    100_4165.
    100_4155.
    100_4148.
    100_4147.
    100_4152.
    100_4143.
    100_4176.
    100_4149.

2. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    Possible trade for my 4 string fretted ab 34? Not sure if we are within driving distance?

3. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Well there have been a couple "tire kickers" but so far it's still here. I'd love to move this one out sooner than later.............;)

4. sooo tempted, if it wasn't such a big PITA shipping to mexico I would take it immediatly...

5. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Yes, international shipping is a PITA but if you are willing to pickup some of the additional I will consider it.

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Very cool! Maybe if some of my pedals/accessories FS get sold, I could pick this up. Any idea where and when it was made?

7. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I would guess the mid to late 90's but I don't know for certain. Nowhere on the bass does it say where it was built.

8. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.