FS/FT: Way Huge Supa Puss

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by sunbeast, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Was really looking forward to this pedal and finally got my hands on one, but GAS for an El Capistan and it's Sound on Sound mode has overpowered this guy.

It does sound great, and is easily the best sounding of the tap-tempo analog delays I've tried (and the least noisy, which has been a problem I've had with the others). Kicks the Deluxe Memory Boy's arse in nearly every way! I even prefer the tonal control over the Memory Man for bass use.

Mine is like-new with box and manual. Looking for $230 shipped, which is what I just paid for it (as these are virtually impossible to find right now). I ended up buying a Capistan, so cash is king, but I would do a trade for either an Iron Ether Subterranea or a Wren + Cuff TFR ( or similar TFR or perhaps Civil War muff clone) + cash. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1398698996.703789.jpg

2. bikingbassist

bikingbassist

Aug 26, 2013
    Pocatello
    i'm currently debating between this and the Capistan (or Brigadier). Besides the features of the Capistan that you prefer do you think the Cap sounds better than the Supa on bass?

3. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The repeats are much more up front on the Supa Puss, especially when you push the Gain control, whereas the Repeats of the Capistan tend to sit behind in a more ambient way. The modulation on the Supa is also capable of much more intense chorusing which I really like. They are actually hard to compare honestly- if I could justify it I'd keep both!

4. bikingbassist

bikingbassist

Aug 26, 2013
    Pocatello
    Thanks. I was leaning towards the Supa. I don't have the funds right now so good look with your sale.

5. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    And sold. That was nice and fast!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.